Raised Brown spots/bumps

ahud

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
I have yet to capture a clear picture of the spots. I have 10 Rainow cichlids (Archocentrus multisponus) that get raised brown bumps on various parts of their body. The bumps come and go and vary in size. The fish are eating like pigs and are not flashing or scratching. The spots/bumps are raised, but not by much. At most only half the fish have 1-3 bumps at a time. But I can't seem to get rid of the spots completely.

I can't find a picture on the net of what I am seeing.

Anybody have any ideas?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Can you post a few more details about your tank?

Things like:
#1 How long has the tank been set up?
#2 How long have you had the fish?
#3 How recently have you added to your tank? (This includes ornaments, driftwood, plants etc)
#4 Did you quarantine the last fish to go into the tank? If so, for how long was it in qt?
#5 What is your water change schedule? How often do you do water changes, and how much do you change each time?
#6 What do you add when doing water changes? Prime? Salt? Stress coat? Anything you add with water changes, be sure to post.
#7 What is your tank reading currently for ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte and pH? Also kh and GH if you know what they're at, and the tanks temperature.
#8 How big is the tank in question?
#9 How many fish are in it, and how big are they?
#10 What kind of filter/s do you have running on the tank?
#11 How long have the bumps been on your fish?

Add anything else you think might help people to help you, the more you can tell us about your tank, the more help you'll get.

If you want to get the best help available on mfk, read this: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/fish-health-diagnostics-read-before-posting.210102/ and do exactly as it says, this post is a 'sticky', its always up the top of the Freshwater Health section so that it can be easily accessed by everyone, and if more people actually read it, they'd get better help, quicker than they will without it. :)

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Can you post a few more details about your tank?

Things like:
#1 How long has the tank been set up?
#2 How long have you had the fish?
#3 How recently have you added to your tank? (This includes ornaments, driftwood, plants etc)
#4 Did you quarantine the last fish to go into the tank? If so, for how long was it in qt?
#5 What is your water change schedule? How often do you do water changes, and how much do you change each time?
#6 What do you add when doing water changes? Prime? Salt? Stress coat? Anything you add with water changes, be sure to post.
#7 What is your tank reading currently for ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte and pH? Also kh and GH if you know what they're at, and the tanks temperature.
#8 How big is the tank in question?
#9 How many fish are in it, and how big are they?
#10 What kind of filter/s do you have running on the tank?
#11 How long have the bumps been on your fish?

Add anything else you think might help people to help you, the more you can tell us about your tank, the more help you'll get.

If you want to get the best help available on mfk, read this: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/fish-health-diagnostics-read-before-posting.210102/ and do exactly as it says, this post is a 'sticky', its always up the top of the Freshwater Health section so that it can be easily accessed by everyone, and if more people actually read it, they'd get better help, quicker than they will without it. :)
Good stuff, Eb

Answer this questionnaire, A ahud and it will easier to figure it out
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/to-help-you-we-need-a-little-help-please.671346/

and hers too

ahud

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
I think it is going to be some kind of external parasite since it is raised. I treated with API general cure first, but the spots returned. I am going to treat again and see what happens.

I don't have the equipment to get a clear picture of the small bump, so this thread is probably a moot point. Since the fish are eating normally and beginning to show some spawning behavior, I am not overly concerned.

You won't find any clues in my maintenance..but here is the questionnaire.

1) One year with current filter
2) Since July
3)Have not added anything
4)Yes and no. Fish stayed in an outdoor pond over the summer by themselves. The spots were present upon taking them out.
5) I was changing 50% once a week until recently, now that I am buffering the water for the mollies I am doing 20% twice weekly
6)Prime
7)Ammonia and nitrite 0. Nitrate 10. GH 14. KH 7. Temperature 79.
8)125g
9) 10 2-2.5" rainbows and 8 less than an inch wild type mollies.
10) Corner Matten filter and an AC110.
11)Since pulling the fish from the pond, so roughly two months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store