Official Cichla Intermedia Grow Out Thread!!

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
You know they are breeding these in ponds down there now.... That's why they are super cheap now. Does he consider that Wild?
Yes he does know this lol. Also there has been a batch of intermedia going around that supposedly aren't intermedia, they were a mix. Idk how true that is since I just got back into the cichla game. I know my main people to always get fish from.

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
What location are yours boosten? Anyone else who has intermedia what are their locations and who did you purchase from?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
What location are yours boosten? Anyone else who has intermedia what are their locations and who did you purchase from?
Mine are from Rapps and from the Rio Casiquare but supposedly pond bred. Although Rapps explain to me that the whole captive bred pond thing is a little iffy and it's highly possibly that they sign that off on the permit so that they can export them out of the country due to the regulations getting stricter.

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Mine are from Rapps and from the Rio Casiquare but supposedly pond bred. Although Rapps explain to me that the whole captive bred pond thing is a little iffy and it's highly possibly that they sign that off on the permit so that they can export them out of the country due to the regulations getting stricter.
Glad to know they are from the same location as the Rapps ones. I had a feeling they were from the same location. Who has the biggest one of these recently imported intermedia over the last year?

Reactions: bOOsteN aUdI

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Glad to know they are from the same location as the Rapps ones. I had a feeling they were from the same location. Who has the biggest one of these recently imported intermedia over the last year?
I believe they are all around the same size. FunWow! FunWow! has a big intermedia but from a different source and supposedly wild. It looks nice.

Reactions: rjkz28

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
I believe they are all around the same size. FunWow! FunWow! has a big intermedia but from a different source and supposedly wild. It looks nice.
@funwow you have any recent pics sir?

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hate to break it to you,,,,,you got a dead fish stuck in the drift wood.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Great looking intermedia!

Reactions: FunWow!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store