9 Gold Jardini Comm Challenge

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
What if this fails and all goes to hell? Any back up ideas?
Having said that: I just found this thread and geez i wish it was an older thread! I just wanna see more updates! :D :D It looks AMAZING, by the way! Well done for your efforts.

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
wow nice!! first time I've seen someone try a Jardini Comm :D
Thanks! I saw someone on YouTube with 9 as well but it was 4 years ago and they were still babies. There was no update vid so I dont know if they still have them or if it worked.

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
What if this fails and all goes to hell? Any back up ideas?
Having said that: I just found this thread and geez i wish it was an older thread! I just wanna see more updates! :D :D It looks AMAZING, by the way! Well done for your efforts.
Thanks! When I first started the comm, I thought it was all or nothing. This is a childhood dream to have a tank full of Arowana. The comm is doing real well so my chances are looking good. But I've been really excited about stingrays. I'd prolly breed stingrays.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Your setup is awesome... I wish my tanks were this crystal clear :) It's really nice to see someone as passionate as you attempt an Arowana comm.. esp. a Jardini one. Please don't give up regardless of the results of the current project.

Reactions: Jennilyn

TheGoldenOne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2016
Philadelphia Area
I tried this same thing 2 years ago. I had 9 golden jar juvi along with 9 clown loaches in a 125g last yr. I have a youtube of it
Unfortunately, I didn't have same lucky as you. My jars started to kill each other as they grew to 4.5-5". The constant fighting or stress probably caused them to die. After my 3rd aro died, I gave up on the comm idea and separated the remaining aros. I eventually sold some and kept 1 of the 9. He was the most dominate one of the bunch. He is still part of my collection today.

It's great to see someone trying the 9 aro comm tank with success. Good luck with it. And continue to update us on your progress. Maybe I will give this another go in the future if you continue to have success.

Last edited:
Reactions: moe214 and Jennilyn

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
I tried this same thing 2 years ago. I had 9 golden jar juvi along with 9 clown loaches in a 125g last yr. I have a youtube of it
Unfortunately, I didn't have same lucky as you. My jars started to kill each other as they grew to 4.5-5". The constant fighting or stress probably caused them to die. After my 3rd aro died, I gave up on the comm idea and separated the remaining aros. I eventually sold some and kept 1 of the 9. He was the most dominate one of the bunch. He is still part of my collection today.

It's great to see someone trying the 9 aro comm tank with success. Good luck with it. And continue to update us on your progress. Maybe I will give this another go in the future if you continue to have success.
OMG that's your vid!? I can't stress how important my gyre powerhead is the MVP in making this Comm work so far. You really need to keep them distracted. Thanks for the word of encouragement!

TheGoldenOne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2016
Philadelphia Area
OMG that's your vid!? I can't stress how important my gyre powerhead is the MVP in making this Comm work so far. You really need to keep them distracted. Thanks for the word of encouragement!
yeah, my vid isn't as professionally done as yours though lol. I just shot it with my phone to document.

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
Been awhile but here is a update vid on the comm. They are fully eating pellets on a daily base. They seem to prefer the Hikari gold medium rather than the Hikari food sticks. If you watch the vid, you'll see how I'm pellet training the new motoro stingray pups. Enjoy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store