What are you feeding your Geos and Severums

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
I'm currently feeding North Fin sinking cichlid pellet along with North Fin krill sinking pellet after moving away from the Hikari Bio Gold? I'm wondering if there might be a better food or type of diet I should be feeding my wet pets.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I feed hikari pellets gold and biogold and tropical fish flakes and bloodworms and I was given a big bag of mixed pellets by a member on here that I give also. I think it's good to give variety of different foods :)

Reactions: tlindsey

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I don't have Severums, but I feed my Geophagus brasiliensis Sinking Hikari Gold, and their fry get crushed/powdered Tetra color flakes, and then my Geophagus albelios gets the same pellets and flakes, but also Hikari Bio-Gold+, and some other random pellets if I decide to try something new. They also get the occasional Tilapia, Silversides, Krill (frozen and freeze-dried), Shrimp (frozen and freeze-dried), Bloodworms, Beefheart, Clams, Emerald Entrée, frozen Squid, Brine Shrimp, Tubifex worms, BlackWorms, Earthworms, Superworms/Mealworms, Romaine leaves, and some other stuff I can't think of right now

Kayzee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
I'm telling you right now that GEOS love Omnivore pellets for bottom feeders, my guys would tear up the pellets and also Algae Wafers at the bottom. Others staples were Freeze Dried Blackworms!! Went crazy for them.

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
I've had as many others have had very good success with Southern delight. I feed them and all my fish the power feed and veggie krill. The fish I fed this food to in the past turned out with amazing color and were healthy as can be. The food is very clean too so it doesn't leave much of a mess. They have quite a few different types of food. Id highly recommend that especially for geos

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
I don't have Severums, but I feed my Geophagus brasiliensis Sinking Hikari Gold, and their fry get crushed/powdered Tetra color flakes, and then my Geophagus albelios gets the same pellets and flakes, but also Hikari Bio-Gold+, and some other random pellets if I decide to try something new. They also get the occasional Tilapia, Silversides, Krill (frozen and freeze-dried), Shrimp (frozen and freeze-dried), Bloodworms, Beefheart, Clams, Emerald Entrée, frozen Squid, Brine Shrimp, Tubifex worms, BlackWorms, Earthworms, Superworms/Mealworms, Romaine leaves, and some other stuff I can't think of right now
Damn Frank can I come live with you ... Your fish eat better than I do. lol
How does the raw diet effect your water quality?

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
doesn't affect it much.... just feed a little at a time....let them eat what's there and then keep adding a little bit at a time until all their bellies are full. I never just drop loads of food in all at once, and I also unplug my filters when I feed so the food doesn't get sucked up and wasted - it just floats or sits on the bottom until something finds it. Overfeeding is bad news

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
doesn't affect it much.... just feed a little at a time....let them eat what's there and then keep adding a little bit at a time until all their bellies are full. I never just drop loads of food in all at once, and I also unplug my filters when I feed so the food doesn't get sucked up and wasted - it just floats or sits on the bottom until something finds it. Overfeeding is bad news
Yes it is .... I'm going to try the raw and just unplug my X5'S

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store