600 gallon plywood in wall tank with filter room finished pics

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Oh my! That is an awesome setup. How much are you enjoying a separate filter room? That must be a dream come true as Maintainence will be a heck of lot easier than dealing with under tank equipment.

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Most people won't even know if it fresh or saltwater...but here it's a different story haha. I'd look into driftwood and bogwood. You can make a really cool setup that looks more natural if you wanted to. That being said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it's the look you want more power to you. Regardless of decor you can add me to the tank envy list! Great setup

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
I took all the decor out it has caused damage to some fish after being spooked, I am going with no decor for the safety of the fish plus its more room for the now about 2' rtc and arowana

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I just discovered this thread....everything looks first rate and top notch except for the coral but nothing more needs to be said about that.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
any updates on the tank op?

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
once again all coral is out it has no decor I have lost the ray and the knife most likely due to getting scared and jetting into the decor. Really upset over it but in the next couple months will probably be getting a huge motoro ray like 26" round. My LFS has it in a 265 and when I told him about my 600 he said id give you a great deal on him since hes way to big for his tank and doesn't know someone with a tank my size set up for a ray. At the time I wanted to watch mine grow but he struggled with the larger catfish and he wasn't himself, I even considered trading him in toward the big one. If I get him ill add some pics

Reactions: M@T!@$

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
Im looking into making a custom diy background, any ideas? Was just going to do a nice stone/rock wall. Maybe do the sides down the road. I would have to use suction cups so any have experience with pond armor and suction cups

Last edited:
Reactions: M@T!@$

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Im looking into making a custom diy background, any ideas? Was just going to do a nice stone/rock wall. Maybe do the sides down the road. I would have to use suction cups so any have experience with pond armor and suction cups
Update pictures?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store