Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
Let me see if I got this right after briefly scanning this thread:
Tank ph is 7.6
Tap ph is 8.8
Temp is matched during water changes
Symptoms only occur during and a few days after water changes.
Have you tested kh? It seems like the ph in your tap is high, raising the ph in your tank. Then ph drops possibly due to lack of buffering. Then you do another water change and the tank never settles. Correct me if I'm wrong on the tank parameters. Thanks for tagging me Frank.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
when he curl up I wait till he is normal back then feed him. most of the time he is near the top left corner he don't swim across the tank. I don't see any whiteish poop. mybe some blackish poop.
So you wait 4 days to feed the jar? Then do another water change?

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
I mean crushed coreal were used to raise the ph when my tank water is at 6.0 something ph which can't have any aerobic bacterica to grow and my tank have ammonia cause no aerobic bacterica. So now ima just buffer the tap water and see what happen. Will the jardini be in shock of the tap water is at 7.0 and tank water at 7.6?

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
Let me see if I got this right after briefly scanning this thread:
Tank ph is 7.6
Tap ph is 8.8
Temp is matched during water changes
Symptoms only occur during and a few days after water changes.
Have you tested kh? It seems like the ph in your tap is high, raising the ph in your tank. Then ph drops possibly due to lack of buffering. Then you do another water change and the tank never settles. Correct me if I'm wrong on the tank parameters. Thanks for tagging me Frank.
I tjink the tank water settle at 7.6 ph

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
An aro that small has a very high metabolism. You HAVE to feed at least once per day. Stop with the feeders, get him on a quality pellet. Do you have a kh test? And to be clear, your tank ph is 7.6 and your tap ph is 8.8 correct?

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
An aro that small has a very high metabolism. You HAVE to feed at least once per day. Stop with the feeders, get him on a quality pellet. Do you have a kh test? And to be clear, your tank ph is 7.6 and your tap ph is 8.8 correct?
ya, I feeed my jaridini once a day now since it is oky back. I don't have the kh liquid tester but have the strip.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
k tested with the api test strip since I don't have the kh liquid right now. the strip say my KH is at 40ppm and GH at 180ppm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store