3 shubunkin goldfish with 2 sun cats?

Gaddisautoglass

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi there I have 3 5" shubunkin goldfish in a 100 gallon. Im planning a pond this winter and am going to build next spring. What I'm wondering is, I have 2 sun catfish about 4" that are getting picked on in my 55 by my convicts. I was wondering if they'll be ok in the 100 with the goldfish until next summer?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
1st of all Sun Cats needs a heater, and Goldfish are supposed to be kept around 65F. The Convicts should never even SEE the Sun Cats because to properly keep Sun cats they need a variety of caves and hide-spaces, so 1st things 1st, give them more caves and places to hide and the Convicts will leave them alone since they will never see them.

Gaddisautoglass

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
Mine hide quite often and have lots of caves but as soon as they come out for anything the convicts are on them. I plan on keeping the 100 around 70 degrees wich is high end for the goldies and low end for the sun cats. Once, the goldfish get the pond the 100 will probably be theirs with a pair of ebjd's my wife wants. Back to the point. I'm just wondering if it'll be alright for a temporary home.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I agree they hide a lot,at least during the day,mine swam nonstop at night and had a penchant for killing fish bigger than him,I expect once they reach 6 inches or so they would hold their own

Gaddisautoglass

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
Just found out why my convicts were being so aggressive, found some freshly hatched fry this morning. the cats got moved yesterday and were pretty beat up, they seem to be doing great with the shubunkins so far, eating good and already seeing them healing up.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store