Think I have too many pikes??

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
I think your tank is large enough of you have enough structure to create clear territory breaks but you want to get something that can hold up to the robust stature of your jutai's. Best bet if you are going to add some more Is to get several more and be prepared to remove them until you have two solid bonded pairs in there.
the problem with territory's is that my 3' Niger cats and FRT need floor space. Any suggestions for adding territory while meeting the needs of my other fish? I think you have seen what my tank looks like

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
The only thing I can think of is if you put a large structure in the center creating enough space for the large cats to swim around, you can bisect the tank into two large sections. Put some structure in each corner and let each pair of pikes make that the home base. You can get some viney plastic plants from A craft store and attach the bases of them to each of your structures to create more sight line breaks and have them rooted high enough on the water column to not interfere with the ground space.

What I'm imagining is sometime like this. With the tank being a rectangle, put right structures in each corner shaped like a right triangle and put an isosceles triangle shaped structure in the center. Actually just left or right of center will look more natural. Let the floating viney plant speed out a bit too to lengthen the shaded area around the structure to ensure your pikes treat the structures as their home.

It's tough to try and create mid water or top water structure with such large cats on there that can knock them over. Also, most pikes tend to choose bottom oriented structure in an aquarium.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
What size are your tank? You think it's possible for a zebrina n Atababo to be in the same tank specifically a 300 gallon...
I think it is worth a try. I have a bonded pair of lents, large cinta and Atababo in my 300 with min issue

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I will =]...but now it has to wait I just picked up a tirignus so now I'm trying to make sure everything is okay for him haha
go figure ignore my last post. After months of no issues my lents rebonded and now I have a huge head ache on my hands. Not sure what I am going to do with them.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
go figure ignore my last post. After months of no issues my lents rebonded and now I have a huge head ache on my hands. Not sure what I am going to do with them.
Hold onto them. Try to breed them. You'd be the first to crack the puzzle if you do.

Especially at their size . I think you should run with it Mike.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Hold onto them. Try to breed them. You'd be the first to crack the puzzle if you do.

Especially at their size . I think you should run with it Mike.
sorry you are asking me to pick between the pair of lents and my 20 inch leichardti. the lei is one of my top fish

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store