Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Did your girl want a pair of white ones?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No, not very high.
They don't sound too much like hooker boots then....normal color,not really high heels.I guess it's just something about high,high heeled white leather boots that strike me as inaproppriate for most settings....especially funerals.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
They don't sound too much like hooker boots then....normal color,not really high heels.I guess it's just something about high,high heeled white leather boots that strike me as inaproppriate for most settings....especially funerals.
Lol, were they shiny?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Had an interesting bicycle ride yesterday afternoon. Been riding along the road near my house for over six years. A while back some folks moved in to a mobile home about a half mile from me. I knew they had a boxer. Did not know they had three boxer dogs until yesterday. As I was about half way up a hill two of the dogs spotted me and charged toward me. The third was some distance away.

I knew I could not out run them up the hill. Did not have enough speed to start with and am too old to accelerate quickly anymore. Besides the dogs were too close. The two were running side by side so I stopped, got off the bike and placed it between me and them.

Not sure how to judge the risk of an attack by the dogs. Knew the odds were against me if all three dogs were serious about it. Anyway the dogs owner was with them and started calling them back. The first two stopped about ten feet from me with the third coming off to my left. He eventually got the dogs called back. Took some time and was a tense few moments. Did not get the impression they were well trained to his commands. He did keep saying "I'm sorry" when the dogs finally left me.

I am going to rethink some things. I was much too slow getting my pistol out and had the dogs not stopped, they would have had me. I have kept one dog at bay with a bicycle before but likely will not work with three. May need to use a different holster setup. I also may need more rounds. The Glock 42 has only a six round magazine with one chambered. Plenty for one attacker (whatever the species) but iffy for three.

Not sure I can have much more speed up that hill as it is only a little over a quarter mile from my house and I am not warmed up good. I am also 69 years old so likely do not have the motor needed. I can usually out run dogs on the flats. So, cannot count on speed.

May get some pepper spray. Did use it on a German Shepard with limited success back in my running days.

My hope is the dogs owner will not let them run free anymore. I am not the only bicycle rider or runner using this road. We have a nice 12 foot wide paved shoulder to ride on. There is also the Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) close by and the students use the road. Don't know if the guy spotted the pistol or not once I finally got it out. I kept it pointed down with my finger off the trigger as trained. If he did he may not be so careless is a hope.

I get that folks want to let their dogs run around. I also do not want to hurt a dog. Mostly I do not want to get bitten or worse. I plan to do whatever it takes to protect myself. I also get that some on this forum will take offense at this. A few years ago I wrote about protecting myself from a chained pittbull along my road on this forum and got some negative comments. One member so upset with my goal of self protection went so far as to say he/she hoped the dog mauled me. If you feel compelled to go that way, go ahead it will not change my mind.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Sounds tense. I think a 9 or 12 round magazine would be best for something like that...

Did you have to kill that pitbull or what happened?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store