Need more help with my water parameters

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
Picking up a tirignus
Keemofish4ever
Anything I can do to better prepared myself I'dk if i should of but did a 25% waterchange today everything was good...my waterflow is up as high as it could be plenty of oxygen... my ph is like 7.5 is that too high? I guess I'm worried about the feeding part the most it's a 9 inch tig

Make sure parameters are intact. Thats bout it. It will eventually eat after it's settled. That can take a while.

Yup.

Ammonia zero.
Nitrite zero.
Nitrate 5-10 ppm or less.
pH stable. 7.5 is fine.
Water hardness is not too low and is stable.
Temp stable.
Plentiful aeration.
Filter is not heavily soiled.
Tank's well established.
There is cover as well as free swimming space.
Other fish thrive in the tank... for an additional safety margin.

Most important are morning and evening prayers.

Keemofish4ever
Okay im trippen out a little
Ammonia zero
Nitrite looks like 0.25?
Nitrate 0

Also wat do u mean by filter not heavily soiled

thebiggerthebetter

Are you sure?

Nitrite of non-zero means your tank's not cycled or the bioload exceeds the biofilter capacity... or the filter is too dirty or the water entering the filter is not aerated adequately, etc. The last sentiment is of utmost importance - one of the most overlooked factors in setting up as best a biofilter as humanely possible.

Nitrate of zero cannot be in a populated tank or in a tank that has been cycle - bacteria need to eat, the end result of the eating is nitrate. No nitrate = no bacteria or dormant bacteria.

If the filter needs cleaning or will need soon, it'd be better to do it before acquiring new expensive fish because not rarely would it lead to a notable short-term uncycledness

Are you sure?

Nitrite of non-zero means your tank's not cycled or the bioload exceeds the biofilter capacity... or the filter is too dirty or the water entering the filter is not aerated adequately, etc. The last sentiment is of utmost importance - one of the most overlooked factors in setting up as best a biofilter as humanely possible.

Nitrate of zero cannot be in a populated tank or in a tank that has been cycle - bacteria need to eat, the end result of the eating is nitrate. No nitrate = no bacteria or dormant bacteria.

If the filter needs cleaning or will need soon, it'd be better to do it before acquiring new expensive fish because not rarely would it lead to a notable short-term uncycledness.

Okay so I have a problem my readings are bad from that api master kit
Ammonia now saying 0.25
Nitrite 0.25
Nitrate is saying either 40 or maybe even 80
Now in scared haha
I have fish in my tank already rather not lose any of them
My tap water reads nitrate is 0
I did a test yesterday everything was good but I did a waterchange n added a rock n change filter sock n now it is all bad

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
You may need to "seed" your filter with some nitrifying bacteria. The quickest way is to squeeze out a sponge from the filter from an established tank into your filter. If you don't have another tank going, perhaps you have a friend who does.

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
You may need to "seed" your filter with some nitrifying bacteria. The quickest way is to squeeze out a sponge from the filter from an established tank into your filter. If you don't have another tank going, perhaps you have a friend who does.
No friends I just moved to san diego so I'm loner right now out here haha but I'll figure something out to help the bacteria

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
Btw, your PH is fine don't mess with it. Just make sure your tank is fully cycled, as we all know these lil boogers are very sensitive and expensive. Hehe I think you'll be fine bro!

Reactions: Keemofish4ever
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store