What do you feed your Oscar?

Oscaraddict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2016
Currently give mine Hikaru chiclid gold large pellet and sometimes Shrimp or Prawns. Love to see him store it all in his mouth so the others can't have any.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Used to feed mine hikari gold, a little bit of prawns, cockles, and crickets. Never fed him large amounts in one go just little bits 3 to 4 times a day

Reactions: Frank Castle

Kayzee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
A nice pellet with Astaxanthin will bring out the Red if you got a tiger oscar! worked for mine.

Reactions: Frank Castle

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Mine loves the Hikari cichlid Gold large pellets. He also eats Omega One shrimp pellets, fresh market shrimp, frozen bloodworms, live crickets, green beans, and peas. He'll eat pretty much anything.

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
Currently give mine Hikaru chiclid gold large pellet and sometimes Shrimp or Prawns. Love to see him store it all in his mouth so the others can't have any.
Haven't had a Oscar in years, but when I did, it would happily devour any thing I would feed my piranhas, namely, fish filet (white flesh like tilapia or catfish, avoid fish like salmon or tuna), raw shrimp, meal worms, crickets, and earthworms. mix it up, feeding different things each feeding to keep the fishes interest up. What is nice about Oscars is they will happily accept pellets. I have never been successful getting a piranha to eat pellets, though I know others have. Each fish is an individual and has a unique personality, and Oscars are FULL of personality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store