Slate tile for Tank.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
just make sure its cut to the right size or silicone the seams of the tile
or most of the junk will get stuck under it.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
there's some Dovii keepers on here that use all tiles for the bottom to keep the fish from digging and rearranging the tank. Also very easy to clean

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Was just thinking of fitting it in without the silicon. So it could be easily removed if I changed it around.
I wouldn't do that, you will have a nitrate factory under the slate in long run.
I would place them in an empty no water tank for few days. you can using that time to change thing to your setup before silicone them in place. I used this method for my 40B setup, I put everything together without water and of course light on to see if I like the look or not, change it around and silicone glued them in place then fill up with water :p.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I wouldn't do that, you will have a nitrate factory under the slate in long run.
I would place them in an empty no water tank for few days. you can using that time to change thing to your setup before silicone them in place. I used this method for my 40B setup, I put everything together without water and of course light on to see if I like the look or not, change it around and silicone glued them in place then fill up with water :p.
but all he has to do is ift the tiles out and siphon during WC. If he does once a week, won't be enough nitrate build-up to any ill-effect

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store