Should I add an Orino?

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
I've been searching and searching and finally found some orinos in the size I want. But I've been hearing about how they are pretty aggressive and my tank is pretty harmonious right now. Should I even rock the boat? Not to mention once I'm done paying for shipping it will come with a $220 price tag. Thanks for your suggestions!

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Orinos are beautiful fish but they are definitely one of the most aggressive cichla. At the end of the day the decision is yours. ;) hope this helps hahah

Reactions: tony tropical

Mr.AzulBass

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2011
Utah
I added a very docile 11" female O to a 180 with a 2 smaller kels and same size azul and it welt well.....But that was once, iv also had more than a few violent Os in an otherwise peaceful cochlea community. I wouldn't do it unless the take is huge and the O is smaller but its still a risk.

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
OK thanks guys for all the advice? How aggressive are Pinima? That's next on my list :)

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I had better luck community Orinos than Azul. I added a 10" orinos with a 9" kelberi and a 17" IT Dat in the tank. There were some aggression between the three but the kelberi ended up bullying the Orino.

In my 40g grow out my 5" Orino kill two symmetrical 3 bars dats, a few kelberis, and another Orino.i guess it just really depend on the fish.

Reactions: bOOsteN aUdI
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store