Looking for a fish which fit these criterias

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Black Piranha are the largest of all species, and while they can be kept alone, reports of 30" and commonly 24" are accurate - I have personally seen them in the 24"+ range at our National Aquarium in Baltimore
Woah.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yikes. Is that a good price for a fish that size?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I can't really speak for the price but, I don't think Jeff would attempt to rip someone off.
It seems reasonable given the difficulty of transporting large fish

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
If someone really wants a very large piranha, a P. Piaraya would likely grow out a little quicker than a S. Rhombeus or S. Manueli. Then you get the fun of watching him grow. I would get a lot more attached to a fish that I grew out myself than a hoss that was already huge when I bought him

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
If someone really wants a very large piranha, a P. Piaraya would likely grow out a little quicker than a S. Rhombeus or S. Manueli. Then you get the fun of watching him grow. I would get a lot more attached to a fish that I grew out myself than a hoss that was already huge when I bought him
*True!
**People buying big fish either already got big tank and try to get a a big one for replacement or business display tank. If I owned a thousand gallons tank I wouldn't looking to grow out a Juv. fish, I would buy a big mature fish for my tank and some fishes take ages to grow it out and I might not even alive to see it full grown hahaha

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store