sunken belly

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
k seems like the bucket have some white string or poop. I guess it have internal parasite. ima try Seachem PolyGuard. and soak the food metro. I heard I should soak it with garlic too for favor.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
I did some research people say soaking food with metro is better than throwing meds in the water is that correct?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
K good news fish doing oky again lol. I notice there's some lump near his forehead. I putted him bak to the main tank
that's too soon, you can't keep moving fish everyday.....you're supposed to wait a week after moving them for acclimation before you go stressing and shocking them all over again

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
that's too soon, you can't keep moving fish everyday.....you're supposed to wait a week after moving them for acclimation before you go stressing and shocking them all over again
oh didn't know u cant do that. I putted the fish in the bucket because the filter is too strong and keep sucking the fish. my bad. and I thought the fish wont be very comfortable since it got a heater and a air stone in a bucket which took a lot of space.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
oh didn't know u cant do that. I putted the fish in the bucket because the filter is too strong and keep sucking the fish. my bad. and I thought the fish wont be very comfortable since it got a heater and a air stone in a bucket which took a lot of space.
yea, you're not supposed to move fish back and forth like that in small time periods. Give them a week in between moves, always

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
do u know if I give it med food do I need to treat the water for parasite too? or it will die off on it own if I just give med food to the fish?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
do u know if I give it med food do I need to treat the water for parasite too? or it will die off on it own if I just give med food to the fish?
that's a good question, i'm not sure, honestly.....I would think you have to treat the water as well, but AFAIK, a Parasite needs a living host to survive, so going by that, they would only exist inside or on the fish itself, but we don't know if it's a parasite or not yet - it could be Fungal or Bacterial in which case those 2 can very much exist in the water column, on décor or in the filter.

It could also be none of the above.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
if its an internal parasite infection, treating the food is the best way to handle it...no need to dose the water too. Lifecycles vary from parasite to parasite, the most effective way to cover all basis is internally medicating the fish for 8-10 days.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
k, I just think its internal parasite because when I put it in the bucket and I saw some white/clear stringy poop so I thought its internal parasite, which making it have sunken stomach and making it not grow absorbing it nutrient.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
k, I just think its internal parasite because when I put it in the bucket and I saw some white/clear stringy poop so I thought its internal parasite, which making it have sunken stomach and making it not grow absorbing it nutrient.
soak his food in the medications mentionaed by thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter , and feed him 2-3 times daily to quell his fast metabolism

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store