Water yellow...

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I usually don't criticize anyone setup...I'm seeing you place your tank in a storage/garage so most likely you don't even care about how it look but it's your hobby, you would at least put some blue/black background and keep tank surrounding area neat so you can have more enjoyment looking at your tank. Anyway, from your picture I couldn't tell your water yellow or the effect of the yellow wood panel and nature color substrate.

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
I usually don't criticize anyone setup...I'm seeing you place your tank in a storage/garage so most likely you don't even care about how it look but it's your hobby, you would at least put some blue/black background and keep tank surrounding area neat so you can have more enjoyment looking at your tank. Anyway, from your picture I couldn't tell your water yellow or the effect of the yellow wood panel and nature color substrate.
It's in the garage because that's the only option I have right now. Yes this is my hobby but I have to use what I can. I'm lucky to even have it at all lol I am going to buy a blue back ground for it eventually

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
It's in the garage because that's the only option I have right now. Yes this is my hobby but I have to use what I can. I'm lucky to even have it at all lol I am going to buy a blue back ground for it eventually
I know how you feel. I know where I can get a 150 complete set-up for $250, but where would I put it?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
How long has the bogwood been in there and have you vinegar tested that rock

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Put some of the aquarium water in a white plastic container. If it looks yellow, it's the water (do more frequent and larger water changes). If it is not the water, put a black plastic bag behind the tank. If the water still looks yellow, it's not the background. Not the water or the background, it must be the lighting.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Oh it's at least 30% each time. I like the catfish. I have an upside down catfish in the tank too. Both were my originals.
you should do 60-90% weekly. I found taking out more old water and replacing it w/ fresh water works miracles and does all kinds of good stuff for the fish, just don't do gravel vacuum and filter cleaning on the same day - give it about 3 days in between

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
you should do 60-90% weekly. I found taking out more old water and replacing it w/ fresh water works miracles and does all kinds of good stuff for the fish, just don't do gravel vacuum and filter cleaning on the same day - give it about 3 days in between
Dont do increased amounts right off, do multiple smaller ones frequently till your tank water is as similar to your tap water so you don't have the risk of osmotic shock

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store