Rays moving rocks...

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
So I know that my rays have been moving rocks, we'll yesterday I caught them in the act lol. I mean I literally watched them move golf to baseball sized rocks from one side of the tank to the other.. do you think they are just curious and playing or possibly going after some blood worms that fell in between the rocks? I have read other posts where people give their rays the gorilla dog toys with some frozen food in them to keep them busy, and I'm thinking I might give it a try... since my rays are only 6-8 inches I'm guessing I should try the small version first? what's your thoughts?

Zbosco13

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
I posted a thread on this a couple months ago, my marble was doing the same but I heard too many stories of cracked tanks and ended up taking them out. Now she swims up the sides all day instead

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
The ones I have are always blowing under them and moving them. You can actually hear her blowing. Must be a instinctive reaction to get crabs and stuff

Reactions: moosemj

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
I've got a plywood tank and tons of rocks (probably 200lbs)that get moved all over the place. They smack them together and sift through them almost all day. You can hear it clearly from another room in the house.

Reactions: SHARK13

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Get the dog toy as it gives them a bit of fun and saves your glass!!

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
I've got a plywood tank and tons of rocks (probably 200lbs)that get moved all over the place. They smack them together and sift through them almost all day. You can hear it clearly from another room in the house.
Mine do the same. It's funny watching the boes move around rocks that are half their size!

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
I agree with CANAMONSTER CANAMONSTER . I think they're looking for crayfish and other things that they'd find in nature.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store