How your local fish shops doing nowadays?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Recently, a lot of LFS around my area start getting some live stock that I never seen them in years like Charax Gibbosus, Golden Killifish, Red/Yellow tail barracuda, Red tail Payara (hydrolycus tatauaia), SA Lung fish, Marble Goby. For saltwater there is 1 species I never seen them available in any stores before (only online store selling it here and there) that's Red Mandarin Goby (usually they selling blue/green mandarin goby). I keep thinking about those hydrolycus tatauaia, I really want to get my hand on those cause I don't know when these come back to these stores again hahaha.
Anyway, how your LFS doing? Did they change something recently?

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
My LFS just fazed out the saltwater side but they seem to be doing alright. The other two stores are Walmart, which just closed down their fish dept and the other Petco; seems to be weathering the storm ok but those are the only stores on the island I live on

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
Not counting the local walmarts, there is a Petco, a petsmart, and two privately owned local fish stores, all of which In have done business with at one time or another, depending on what I am after. One of them, which will remain unnamed, have a few murky looking tanks, mostly suspended green algae. They do not have a central sump, but individual HOBs on each tank. Some of their tanks are nice and clear, others, not so much. They do have a good selection of driftwood, and is where I bought mine. Another place, closer to where I live, have heathier looking tanks. They mainly deal in saltwater and reptiles, but I did buy a bristlenose pleco from them, and they have ghost shrimp for a dime apiece and nerite snails for $2.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Recently, a lot of LFS around my area start getting some live stock that I never seen them in years like Charax Gibbosus, Golden Killifish, Red/Yellow tail barracuda, Red tail Payara (hydrolycus tatauaia), SA Lung fish, Marble Goby. For saltwater there is 1 species I never seen them available in any stores before (only online store selling it here and there) that's Red Mandarin Goby (usually they selling blue/green mandarin goby). I keep thinking about those hydrolycus tatauaia, I really want to get my hand on those cause I don't know when these come back to these stores again hahaha.
Anyway, how your LFS doing? Did they change something recently?
Not bad, got two lfs which have sw and fw.. Exotic fish and predator fish.. Both have very good selections and owners are very knowledgable

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
WoW look like I'm freaking lucky to have more selection of fish species compare to you guys hehehe (I keep complains that I can't own a gar and piranha here lol). Anyway, I went back to the LFS and lucky me they have 1x H. Tat left and it's smallest one according to the old man work there, most people picked the big one and refused to buy the small one. I told him this one perfect for me cause I don't want it to eat my other fishes yet, we both laugh about that :p it's similar to my Charax Gibbosus size, I'll try raise them together and the tat is quite a slow grower so I think it won't able to eat those charax for awhile. After few hours in tank the tat start to show the attitude "I'm the boss here" lol its already try to scare those charax away from a spot it took from them and those Charax seem to get the message and keep a distance, reside on other side of the tank.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I've been seeing a lot of creatures that used to not be available these days.
Yohanon Yohanon I'm also from a lordly family ,they created two different family crests(one is an Irish version,the other Scottish)

Reactions: Yohanon

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
i don't buy a lot of stuff from my local fish stores... as a matter
of fact most of the local fish stores i do go to buy more stuff from
me lol... especially the higher quality, rarer & exotic live stocks i
import from korea and other countries. besides that live stock at
most of the stores are pretty basic at every store here... a variety
of cichlids, arowanas, plecos, crayfish, res turtles and etc etc...
very rarely is there a truly rare and exotic fish at any of the stores.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
I've been seeing a lot of creatures that used to not be available these days.
Yohanon Yohanon I'm also from a lordly family ,they created two different family crests(one is an Irish version,the other Scottish)
33c99b26-1959-47f5-bad0-1323747dc9d9-3.jpg This is ours. (on my fathers side).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store