Looking for some feedback on my 180g

rays_fish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
Hermosa Beach
Originally my 180 was being broken down and cleaned ( got to love hard water stains ), but ended to finding myself moving towards a planted tank....This is my first real attempt at this and I know there are a lot of ya out there that have been doing this for a while.... So I am looking for some feed back.

Maybe I have spent way too much time on IG looking at ADA set ups ( dream big right? lol ). but something seems to be lacking in the tank. Plan to smooth out the substrate around the rocks but...idk, just seems like something is off.

IMG_2370.JPG

thanks for your help/feedback.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I don't know what do you actually have in mind so I can't really give any feed back :p
For me, I playing games a lot so when I found a good fantasy in game image I screen shot it and then try to apply my idea with my own twist and create a aquascape suite for my look and my live stock...Just lets your imagination flow :p

Reactions: Gaddisautoglass

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
^LOL

Personally I like the look you've created. My fish would never let me have something that looked that nice though.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Do a semi aquatic set up add some elodea,a driftwood centerpiece and a water snake and some shrimp

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
If an ADA style is what you are after, you need to think about different height levels / focal points / flow etc...

Try looking through youtube for ADA setup tutorials, or even GreenMachine in the UK who do some amazing planted tank walkthroughs...

The trick is to take your time and look at it from multiple angles and decide what plants you want to use to compliment your scape...

Last but not least, different size rocks from quite large to small can make a huge difference, either that, or you can pile them up / silicone a few together

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
Research "the rule of thirds". Basically dividing the tank into thirds as far as placement of your hardscape is concerned. There should be one main focal point to draw the eye, with one or two subordinate focal points (depending on the size of your tank) to add interest.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Nice looking tank bro
I really like it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store