What's Your Best Cleaning Method? (Seriously, This is Gross)

slipshodman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Australia
i just went through this whole thing trying to see a pic of the tank....
but nothing .....oh well

but thanks for the advice shared on cleaning tanks

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Okay, sorry for my absence, not out of data this time Hendre Hendre , work experience is bloody exhausting and I can't be bothered scratching my butt at the end of the day, let alone conversate with people :eek:

So, no more using bleach and vinegar, I might stick with just straight bleach... Thanks guys. :)

I haven't cleaned the tank yet (as mentioned above I've been pooped) but do have some terrible pictures for y'all...

14775300070241484948786.jpg
1477530088699-824313794.jpg 147753014554790968841.jpg
This tank has been sitting out in the rain for a while now, and still looks like that... Those poor goldfish. :(

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Okay, sorry for my absence, not out of data this time Hendre Hendre , work experience is bloody exhausting and I can't be bothered scratching my butt at the end of the day, let alone conversate with people :eek:

So, no more using bleach and vinegar, I might stick with just straight bleach... Thanks guys. :)

I haven't cleaned the tank yet (as mentioned above I've been pooped) but do have some terrible pictures for y'all...

View attachment 1210943
View attachment 1210944 View attachment 1210945
This tank has been sitting out in the rain for a while now, and still looks like that... Those poor goldfish. :(
I've seen worse lol Reptiles are a lot dirtier than fish.....my 8 foot Anacondas crapped a good 12" of crap

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa

View attachment 1210943
I can imagine lol. good luck cleaning it

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea

View attachment 1210943
thats it? its not bad at all, ive seen far more worse/dirtier tanks where i had to clean
it several times including several soaks and etc etc lol... thats a nice little tank though.
has a top filter, rounded corners and everything lol...

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
thats it? its not bad at all, ive seen far more worse/dirtier tanks where i had to clean
it several times including several soaks and etc etc lol... thats a nice little tank though.
has a top filter, rounded corners and everything lol...
That's the worst I've ever seen a tank, and I hope to never see worse... The red film on everything is new to me, I've never seen it before and it's gross lol

I won't be using the filter, my hubby hates them lol it also has a hood it came with, and (I think) three t5 bulbs that have never even been turned on. Idk if they're any good though.

I think its a cute little tank, Miles (my betta) will be going in it once I've cleaned it up until I can get him a bigger one, then it will become a community. :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have an overhead filter for my betta and it works very well, i just have to clean the floss frequently

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
That's the worst I've ever seen a tank, and I hope to never see worse... The red film on everything is new to me, I've never seen it before and it's gross lol

I won't be using the filter, my hubby hates them lol it also has a hood it came with, and (I think) three t5 bulbs that have never even been turned on. Idk if they're any good though.

I think its a cute little tank, Miles (my betta) will be going in it once I've cleaned it up until I can get him a bigger one, then it will become a community. :)
why he hating on the top filter lol its a nice additional next to a small hob.
if you have the one where you can open the top i like to put small gravel
and plant pothos on it. extra filtration on top and it looks nice but dont know
if itll thrive with a single betta in it. well have fun cleaning the tank lol...

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
why he hating on the top filter lol its a nice additional next to a small hob.
if you have the one where you can open the top i like to put small gravel
and plant pothos on it. extra filtration on top and it looks nice but dont know
if itll thrive with a single betta in it. well have fun cleaning the tank lol...
Idk why he hates them he just doesn't like them; the 120ltr we swapped for this had one, as did our 5ft and 4ft but he pulled them out and replaced them with canisters and diy ones. The hood won't allow for a hob...

It won't be a single betta, I have a few tetras to put in it with him (have to play musical tanks to accommodate a pleco) and maybe my little stunted cae and kuhlli loaches depending on the bio load with Miles and the tetras.

Thanks... I'll have great fun with it :rolleyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store