Adding Quarter sized Red Bellies to a already established Red Belly Shoal

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
5-6 is more than enough for a shoal? so shoal = more than 1.

ok, sure thing bruh.
5-6 is most recommended amount for shoals/schooling fish.
and as ive said ive had 5 shoal together. more is better sure
but this isnt the wild we're talking about home aquariums here.
shoal = a number of fish swimming together it doesnt define
the number of fish in the shoal... so ya "sure thing bruh"

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
Damm you guys get all technical LOL! Just scrap it out already.
he doesn't know the difference between a "school" of fish and
a "shoal" and most likely doesn't have any real long term experience
keeping serrasalminaes or characins judging from him calling your
7-8" rbps "young" when they're actually late juvies to sub adults at that
size. they're a slow growing species that usually maxes around
10-12" in a home aquarium... what ever it is what it is he wants to think
5-6 fish isnt enough for a school in a home aqurium and wont shoal
let him think that. cant fix stupid.

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii

No worries! super minor briutha! positive thoughts!! I was looking at your profile pic, i actually just bought a stingray a few days ago. they're pretty dope, i really enjoy their behavior

Deathinnumbers

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Stuck in a nano cube
Great advise already
Easy way to get them too eat pellets is to stuff pellets inside the fish. They eat some while taking bites out of fish and also when they float out of the piece they just took a bite out of. After a while they see the pellets as food and can just throw some in and they go after it. Shoals are the easiest to get to eat them since all it takes is one to go for them then the rest follow.

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Great advise already
Easy way to get them too eat pellets is to stuff pellets inside the fish. They eat some while taking bites out of fish and also when they float out of the piece they just took a bite out of. After a while they see the pellets as food and can just throw some in and they go after it. Shoals are the easiest to get to eat them since all it takes is one to go for them then the rest follow.

Im definitely going to try that. Im not sure on what pellets I'm suppose to get them. I have a very limited supply to choose from.

B. Hizzle

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2016
2up 2down

You know I wasn't even trippin, and you turn around and call someone stupid? Really? That's disappointing. Is that how you handle minor disagreements? Just resort to name calling like some lil snot nose punk kid that doesn't get his way in the sand box?

Let revisit exactly what happened. You came on here and your first couple of post were just braggin and your set up and dissin the OP because his set up wasn't like yours. All I did was tell the OP there is a big difference between a shoal of 18 and a shoal of 6. Which there is. You wanna chime in and say 5 or 6 is MORE THAN ENOUGH to make a shoal. Well I disagree, both in the literal sense of shoal and in the home aquaria sense of shoal. That's why you then flipped it to say well 5 or 6 is the minimum for a shoal in home aquaria. Which ok, cool, you could have just left if there. But instead you wanna come back on here and get disrespectful, when you know you wouldn't look me in the eye and call me stupid to my face.

You wanna say I don't know what shoal means, ok sure lets play that game. I didn't know, so I asked Webster, and here is what he said:

"A large number of fish swimming together."

If you think 5 or 6 is a large number then good for you. Am I gonna call you stupid for thinking that, no, I'm a lil more mature than that.

As far as me calling them young, well yeah, they're young. At 7-8" they're prob around 1 year old. I didn't say babies or juvies, so don't get it twisted. If you're 20 years old and I call you young, I don't think you would disagree. Doesn't mean you're a child, just means you're young, as in you have a long life ahead. Same thing.

As for not having a lot of experience, why you say that? Just because I'm new to MFK? You have no idea. Maybe you should check your post. You are the one who said you sold yours at 6". Whats that, 7-8 months? So are you sure you wanna question how long I been in the game. If you have more experience than that, good for you, but obviously in Cali you are not a current p keeper unless you are doing so illegally.

If you want, PM me and we can get on the horn and settle this like grown folk, cause this is lil spat is "stupid."

Otherwise keep your fake tough guy keyboard gangsta nonsense directed at some one else, cause that ish does not impress me.

Have a good one "bruh"

OP - good luck man, keep us posted on your progress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store