Intercepted Shipment

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I just brought in a shipment of some new water lily varieties and some other water plants. Instead of my shipment arriving today, I got a letter from Dept of Ag informing me my seller failed to include a phytosanitation permit and they mislabeled the items as decorative items. According to their site they are based out of Thailand but shipment actually shipped from Singapore. I processed payment thru PayPal, so I'm not worried about getting refunded. Let this be a warning to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Well, most of the time importing plants species from other country is consider a thread of invasive plants getting release into the wild so they just politely destroy your plants :p
*Note even California don't allow fruit or any plants cross their border from any private party, you must throw away every fruits that you purchased outside California at the check point even that fruit was raise in same country, it's just outside California :p

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
These plants were actually considered "conditionally approved" and would of be let in. The regs regarding water plants are quite a bit different then other forms of agriculture. It would require a phytosantitation permit which is obtained from the country of origin and they mislabeled them to avoid Dept of Ag, thats were the problem arose. The actual cost of buying plants covered the phyto permit. The seller dropped the ball on this one.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
when ever buying plants(or any live thing) from overseas , always make sure they
have all the proper permits. ive bought plants from the UK took a week of emails
asking about different permits they needed before i actually went and ordered them

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Yeah, order plants from other countries really hassle going through all paper works, I have friend owned a Nursery farm and from time to time his shipment got destroyed just because official staff found some "unwanted" bugs in the tree or water then entire shipment goes bye bye :p

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I just brought in a shipment of some new water lily varieties and some other water plants. Instead of my shipment arriving today, I got a letter from Dept of Ag informing me my seller failed to include a phytosanitation permit and they mislabeled the items as decorative items. According to their site they are based out of Thailand but shipment actually shipped from Singapore. I processed payment thru PayPal, so I'm not worried about getting refunded. Let this be a warning to others.
Hope you get a refund. My understanding is that PayPal doesn't automatically back all payments made through them. eBay purchases are protected, but not necessarily purchases from other sites.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store