Keeping fish and being Mathematically challenged

Lady Sphinx

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
South Africa, Johannesburg
Yeah probably but I still hate maths and I'm still mathematically challenged. And I know I tend to make things complicated but I'm also one of those people who try and fix a problem even before it rises, which seems to frustrate my husband at time.

But I'll be looking into some of the calculators available on line.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Am I the only person on here that is frustrated by the fact that they are mathematically challenged and sometimes have a bit of trouble figuring out what the hell is going on when it comes to the world of keeping fish
I've never run into an issue with math and fish keeping...hell I've never done much math with the hobby.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Can you give us an example of something to do with the hobby for which you need to use math?

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
Most fish math, like "cubic inch per squared gallon per foot", is usually not the best advice.
If that's what you're talking about.

Actually, I'll say all the stuff is not the best advice haha.
Calculators make it easy. There are 1,728 cubic inches per cubic foot (we're talking volume as opposed to area). There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot. Hope this helps.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Yeah probably but I still hate maths and I'm still mathematically challenged. And I know I tend to make things complicated but I'm also one of those people who try and fix a problem even before it rises, which seems to frustrate my husband at time.

But I'll be looking into some of the calculators available on line.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Problem solved.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Calculators make it easy. There are 1,728 cubic inches per cubic foot (we're talking volume as opposed to area). There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot. Hope this helps.
I was being very sarcastic with what I said haha. But thanks

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
if you love science, you need to know math, the 2 subjects go hand-in-hand. I'm not great at math, but I know enough to work my science.

The better you are at Math, the better you will be at Science and EVERYONE on this website likes Science in some shape or form or you wouldn't be on a fishkeeping website.

AMIRITE????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store