Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Sorry about your tree man,there is a tree in my old neighborhood that was over a 100 tall and had a8foot wide trunk,it was a beautiful maple until someone decided to topple it for no reason

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yea, I did but we all know the voting system has been rigged for many years(in favor for the dems). Why do you think they oppose voter ID?
They rig the US elections??

They simply say that the opposition party will restart apartheid, yet they control the cape and manage it very well. Lucklily corruption is surfacing and the leading party is losing key areas now that the populace is starting to realise how much mismanagement there is in the government

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Why do you think they oppose voter ID?
hello; I have asked this question myself. The one solid blue Dem I know just parrots the typical media spiel. The only almost sound argument I hear is that some folks did not get a birth certificate back in the day. I have not taken the time to look up the details but it is my understanding there are methods to get an ID without a birth certificate.

Here in rural KY and TN in the Appalachian area it was somewhat common for folks to record births, deaths, weddings and such in family bibles. I have seen these family bibles in homes in the past. Don't know if the practice is still done. They were large, too large to carry around, and had pages added for just such records.

I also think there may be a way to get affidavits done to establish identity. I was born in a very small hospital in a meteor crater and had a birth certificate.

We have voter ID requirements here in TN. I have not had any issues. I favor the voter ID laws.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
They rig the US elections??
hello; There have been political "machines" in the past and they continue now. By "machine" I think it is meant a well established organization with political and financial influence. These have existed in cities, states and nationally. They use pretty much any method to sway elections, laws and the courts in their favor.

A disturbing thing currently, to me at least, is how so many of the visual media outfits have gotten "in bed" with one political party. Use to be that newspapers and media news had editorial sections that endorsed a political side. That was OK because we knew up front it was editorial stuff.

Now however the regular news is distinctly biased in how all political news is presented. A very common method is to focus on only a portion of a story that favors a viewpoint and omit most of what might be an opposite view point. I have too much time so watch most of the TV news broadcasts. After some basic facts are presented coverage of the same event is spun to suit the narrative they favor. There use to be three sources. One with a left spin, one with a right spin and one pretty much neutral. Now Aljazeera is gone in the USA, which was the more neutral news and as near as I can tell there is only one for the right and all the rest lean left. I have no idea what source of news is available outside the USA, nor what sort of spin they may have.

A question might be, who has a long established and well organized machine behind them?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I read the BBC news here. Not biased in any way giving both good and bad words about both candidates

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
hello; There have been political "machines" in the past and they continue now. By "machine" I think it is meant a well established organization with political and financial influence. These have existed in cities, states and nationally. They use pretty much any method to sway elections, laws and the courts in their favor.

A disturbing thing currently, to me at least, is how so many of the visual media outfits have gotten "in bed" with one political party. Use to be that newspapers and media news had editorial sections that endorsed a political side. That was OK because we knew up front it was editorial stuff.

Now however the regular news is distinctly biased in how all political news is presented. A very common method is to focus on only a portion of a story that favors a viewpoint and omit most of what might be an opposite view point. I have too much time so watch most of the TV news broadcasts. After some basic facts are presented coverage of the same event is spun to suit the narrative they favor. There use to be three sources. One with a left spin, one with a right spin and one pretty much neutral. Now Aljazeera is gone in the USA, which was the more neutral news and as near as I can tell there is only one for the right and all the rest lean left. I have no idea what source of news is available outside the USA, nor what sort of spin they may have.

A question might be, who has a long established and well organized machine behind them?
Yea, CNN(website) is really bad. Everyday they have at least 4 bad articles on Trump and I'm yet a count a total of 4 bad ones on Killary since this thing started. Oddly enough today is a rare day where they mention wikileaks. Foxnews(tv) used to hate on Trump during the primary but have let up some and are doing both the same now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store