Long time no post...

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Get well soon Z. Family and personal health always come first.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yikes! I'm thankfully healing well, and most of this stuff SHOULD be temporary, but for the sake of my family I want to play it safe for a good while- the last thing I want to do is have the problem escalate and require another surgery.

Very scary though, I had gotten an MRI which showed the damage and my general practitioner referred me to a pain management doc and a neurosurgeon, both of the doctors I was referred to wouldn't see me for over a month. Unfortunately by the time my appointment with the pain management doc rolled around I was having trouble even standing, my left leg and foot were in horrendous pain- I even went in for an epidural steroid injection without anesthesia just to get it done. A few days later the problem had only gotten worse, I was completely bedridden, couldn't stand at all and had to army crawl around the house if I needed to get somewhere. My wife found a neurosurgeon in our network on a Friday, and he agreed to check my MRI out during his lunch break. She got a callback like 15 minutes after the MRI was dropped off at his office telling her to get me to the ER immediately and that they'd be performing surgery Saturday AM. After the surgery I immediately felt better, though I've got some sensation loss in my left foot, it seems to bet getting gradually better. Thankfully much of the pain is gone now- I'm optimistic that with patience and time I should be back to normal, but after that ordeal I really don't want to chance a relapse... you just never think about this stuff until you completely lose the ability to move parts of your body... totally scary stuff that I wouldn't wish on anyone D:
Geeez its like a reunion around here. I havent been on in months either.

Bro im so sorry to hear about the back issues... i can totally understand and went througj the same thing almost to a T

Had back surgery a couple of years ago. It takes time but the nerve pain does calm down and gets to a point where u learn to adjust. I was much better after the surgery but never the same. Last year i tore my labrum (hip) and ended up having surgery in december.... as luck would have it the discs that where repair during my back surgery all re-herniated and now im being told by 3 different surgeons that i need a multi level spinal fusion, sucks but it could always be worse.

Tip: ask your dr about these medications (cymbalta and gabapentin) they actually help, takes some time but they really do help with the nerve pain.

Oh yeah i converted to sumps because as you stated lugging cans around wasnt an option.

Good luck man and keep us updated

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Geeez its like a reunion around here. I havent been on in months either.

Bro im so sorry to hear about the back issues... i can totally understand and went througj the same thing almost to a T

Had back surgery a couple of years ago. It takes time but the nerve pain does calm down and gets to a point where u learn to adjust. I was much better after the surgery but never the same. Last year i tore my labrum (hip) and ended up having surgery in december.... as luck would have it the discs that where repair during my back surgery all re-herniated and now im being told by 3 different surgeons that i need a multi level spinal fusion, sucks but it could always be worse.

Tip: ask your dr about these medications (cymbalta and gabapentin) they actually help, takes some time but they really do help with the nerve pain.

Oh yeah i converted to sumps because as you stated lugging cans around wasnt an option.

Good luck man and keep us updated
Welcome back bro;)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hey buddy ! How ya been... life kicking my butt rigjt now but had to pop in and see what u guys were up to

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Now im the one that is busy getting ready for my second kid, but life is good, second kid will be a blessing.
Glad I'm done. My kid is all grown and moved out. I cant even imagine raising kids now, you guys have lots of work ahead but all worth it.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Glad I'm done. My kid is all grown and moved out. I cant even imagine raising kids now, you guys have lots of work ahead but all worth it.
My first one just hit 3 yrs old and this boy loves fish already, his already asking me for his own tank and im planing to give him a 40g breeder for starters, just dont have an idea what fish ill put in it. Hope my new daughter will like fish to so i have a good excuse to get more tank, lolz

Reactions: moe214 and DMD123

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Zilch Zilch , sorry to here about all the things you have been going through.

Surgery and limited range of motion can be really scary, but glad to hear you are recovering. It takes a strong person to play it safe with the injuries, particularly for the spine. If you can, definitely make the time and investment for an experienced physical therapist (who has experience dealing with spine surgeries like yours). As an athlete, I've gone through physical therapy 4 times, for limited ROM and ongoing pains from sprains. Finally, I found a PT who challenged me and MOST IMPORTANTLY worked me up to functional exercises (squating, raising my arms overhead, deadlifting, etc). He specialized in recovering athletes, go figure. So don't be afraid to ask for what you need!

With the right kinds of movements and recovery, you should be able to play with your daughter in no time. Just be patient, my friend. I know it sucks right now, but health is most important. Plus you can always go back into the hobby at a later date.:)

P.S. I live in North Central Florida and could potentially rehome the polys, if you are still looking to do that. Let me know.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Zilch Zilch , sorry to here about all the things you have been going through.

Surgery and limited range of motion can be really scary, but glad to hear you are recovering. It takes a strong person to play it safe with the injuries, particularly for the spine. If you can, definitely make the time and investment for an experienced physical therapist (who has experience dealing with spine surgeries like yours). As an athlete, I've gone through physical therapy 4 times, for limited ROM and ongoing pains from sprains. Finally, I found a PT who challenged me and MOST IMPORTANTLY worked me up to functional exercises (squating, raising my arms overhead, deadlifting, etc). He specialized in recovering athletes, go figure. So don't be afraid to ask for what you need!

With the right kinds of movements and recovery, you should be able to play with your daughter in no time. Just be patient, my friend. I know it sucks right now, but health is most important. Plus you can always go back into the hobby at a later date.:)

P.S. I live in North Central Florida and could potentially rehome the polys, if you are still looking to do that. Let me know.
You starting to get the polysyndrome, lolz:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store