Official rabies thread

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Current world distribution of rabies:the whole of the (mainland)americas,Asia,Africa,Russia. Rare in Australia .

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Cow rabies has become a problem,especially in Wyoming,Russia has a rabid hedgehog thing(almost funny),rabid hyenas can almost takeout small African villages.
Vultures help prevent the spread of rabies,much like rattlesnakes help prevent the spread of Black Plague by controlling rodents(look up Australian mouse swarms if u want to see the results of killing snake populations)

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Cow rabies has become a problem,especially in Wyoming,Russia has a rabid hedgehog thing(almost funny),rabid hyenas can almost takeout small African villages.
Vultures help prevent the spread of rabies,much like rattlesnakes help prevent the spread of Black Plague by controlling rodents(look up Australian mouse swarms if u want to see the results of killing snake populations)
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Found a story in a news paper:two men were riding their gator(a type of atv) and were attacked by a rabid black bear,the bear attacked the gator,the men rolled out the other side,the bear chased them on top of the gator,one man grabbed a shotgun and shot the bear,it died a foot away from the men on the bed of the truck. Odd thing is the shotgun was a one shot 20 gauge with birdshot(meaning if they missed or shot the bear at any distance not point blank,they would of died) this was virginias second rabid bear in recent times.

Reactions: Matteus

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
after some searching online I've found a case of a rabid seal off Scotland,and a rabid polar bear in Canada,and according to a guy at the Georgia aquarium whales should be able to get rabies,but it could take years for it to take effect because of the whales large size.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Here r a couple true rabies stories:a woman I know walked into her front yard,where a waiting rabid doberman was waiting,they sa w each other:the dog lunged for the kill,the woman lunged for a rifle inside the door,my friend got to the (luckily loaded)rifle in the door first.
I feel like this story is either
A. a scene in resident evil and and you haven't seen the movie or played the games
B. babyback BS. Rabid animals are aggressive, and have little fear of anything besides water, but most aren't coordinated enough at that stage of the infection to run someone down effectively.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Depends on the species,size of individual animal,and how far the rabies has progressed,it should also be noted that there are quite a few types of rabies,which are poorly studied. animals that or sick or injured are often bold or desperate,even weakened or dying they can possess astounding energy or strength, my friend killed a coyote that killed a number of sheep(roughly 30or so if I remember correctly)and even fatally injured a cow which had to be put down,the coyote was missing half of its front legs and had a jaw deformity,yet would attack multiple adult sheep in a single night,and did so alone,despite not being big.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store