My Mbu Puffer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just wait till he gets sooo comfortable you cant film any other fish coz hes always got his chubby face in the way of the camera...

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
makes me miss mine.
Looks like he took a little nip out of the dorsal fin from the peacock bass.
Yeah, he has taken what I call a "curiosity bite" out of the bass, a pike, and the Flagtail. He typically doesn't repeat this....but I monitor closely

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Are you keeping him with bichir. Mine started nipping off the dorsal reys of bichirs more than anything. Unfortunately most of the time they don't grow back. THAN he got his own tank and when he was 14" he spooked really bad 1 day and hit the lid really hard. The next morning he was dead.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Are you keeping him with bichir. Mine started nipping off the dorsal reys of bichirs more than anything. Unfortunately most of the time they don't grow back. THAN he got his own tank and when he was 14" he spooked really bad 1 day and hit the lid really hard. The next morning he was dead.
Sorry to hear that. I don't have any bichirs but he did share a tank with an ornate bichir last year. He bit the ornate once in the pectoral fin and once in the tail, then he chilled. I honestly don't think mine is aggressive, just curious. You should see him get knocked around in the 1100g by the niger cats.

choomanji

Exodon
MFK Member
May 10, 2016
Had the privilege of seeing this guy in person. Thanks again, knob. I can only dream of having a mbu someday. :) all the fish were awesome. I think I now have my eye out for a blue eyed pleco...or my very own "matted sports car". Haha.

Reactions: knobhill
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store