Ocean Nutrition fish food?

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
Hey guys, I'm low on fish food. I feed my group of Juv Uaru A. Omega One veggie flakes, and I've got good results. Have any one of you guys tried the Ocean Nutrition? And how it was? Thanks in advance

thacarter546

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2008
Midwest
My picky eaters I can only get to eat omega one or kens as far as processed goes. I tried ocean nutrition pellets amongst others but my angels and discus ignored it. Luckily the loaches will eat anything. They also love blood and blackworm.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
My picky eaters I can only get to eat omega one or kens as far as processed goes. I tried ocean nutrition pellets amongst others but my angels and discus ignored it. Luckily the loaches will eat anything. They also love blood and blackworm.
I meant as of quality, how good of a food is it? Not how would the fish accept it. That wouldn't be the case, my Uaru would eat anything.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
It is generally considered to be a good brand of food. Some people say it isn't as good as New Life Spectrum but it's really close. I think it's better than most brands. The two you see fed most in stores for salwater fish are NLS and Omega.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
It is generally considered to be a good brand of food. Some people say it isn't as good as New Life Spectrum but it's really close. I think it's better than most brands. The two you see fed most in stores for salwater fish are NLS and Omega.
haha. the quote in your sig is funny.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
I have tried one type spectrum and I didn't like it. Not because its quality, but because almost all of my fish reject it, including my Uaru that would even eat cardboard. I tried the thera a pellet one. I got another can of Omega, so maybe I'll try ocean nutrition the next time.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
That is a good one too! Forgot to mention it.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
That is a good one too! Forgot to mention it.
Even if you got the best fish food in the world, there is no point if the fish won't eat it.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Unless something has changed over the past few yrs, Ocean Nutrition is now manufactured in Thailand, and I would not consider it even remotely close as the same quality as NLS. They are now owned by Salt Creek Inc, and according to their website also manufacture pet food in China, that is exported to the USA.

Most freshwater fish can be trained to eat whatever is offered, some just have to get hungry before they decide to adapt.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store