Electric Eel tank

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga
I recently sold my stock of Vieja/Paratheraps Cichlids, and decided to go a different route. Well I found myself wanting something cool and different. So I picked up three electric eels.... enough said right?

I took some really basic pics and tanks going through a remodel but here you go....IMG_20161008_195446702.jpg IMG_20161009_131928073.jpg IMG_20161009_131914978.jpg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Great looking fish... hope you got some nice long plastic gloves to wear when you have to work on the tank... otherwise, be sure to update us and let us know just how bad the shock from 3 electric eels can be ;)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Great looking fish... hope you got some nice long plastic gloves to wear when you have to work on the tank... otherwise, be sure to update us and let us know just how bad the shock from 3 electric eels can be ;)
Enough to stun a horse :eek:

I prefer the unfeelable little electric fields of Xenomystus nigri

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I recently sold my stock of Vieja/Paratheraps Cichlids, and decided to go a different route. Well I found myself wanting something cool and different. So I picked up three electric eels.... enough said right?

I took some really basic pics and tanks going through a remodel but here you go....View attachment 1211082 View attachment 1211083 View attachment 1211084
man and here I thought this was going to be another "who has electric eels?! can we see pics?!!" thread...but nope you brought the game and got 3 in one tank...that's literally a deadly tank haha. I do however kinda feel bad for the fish you have in there...lol.

You need to get a couple prods and a voltage meter and wire it up to the water and see what kinda force they are putting out together.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
man and here I thought this was going to be another "who has electric eels?! can we see pics?!!" thread...but nope you brought the game and got 3 in one tank...that's literally a deadly tank haha. I do however kinda feel bad for the fish you have in there...lol.

You need to get a couple prods and a voltage meter and wire it up to the water and see what kinda force they are putting out together.
Their general force is low but when agitated or feeding its a whole different story

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga
Lol, I did touch them twice on two separate occasions bare handed just to see what it was like but they didn't shock me. I think they really have to be agitated. Plus I touched them on the back tail. I haven't been in the mood to go for it again...

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga

I have an amp speaker hooked up. When I have time I'll shoot a video. It literally sounds like a motorcycle idling. As for the fish. They were all gone the next morning. Just some left over stock that was to hard to catch and was already dewormed and fed antibiotics.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I have an amp speaker hooked up. When I have time I'll shoot a video. It literally sounds like a motorcycle idling. As for the fish. They were all gone the next morning. Just some left over stock that was to hard to catch and was already dewormed and fed antibiotics.
I didn't figure they'd last haha. That's awesome with the speaker

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Good luck with the fish, and will be waiting for the heavy metal / hard rock electric eel mix that you are talking about ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store