Intercepted Shipment

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Well, most of the time importing plants species from other country is consider a thread of invasive plants getting release into the wild so they just politely destroy your plants :p
*Note even California don't allow fruit or any plants cross their border from any private party, you must throw away every fruits that you purchased outside California at the check point even that fruit was raise in same country, it's just outside California :p
Your statement is partially true. CERTAIN fruit, plants, vegetables are restricted, but not all. Citrus fruit, apples from Washington, etc., are among some of the prohibited fruit. We cross into Oregon and back into CA on a frequent basis (including today). Border stations will give you a list of prohibited items if you ask.
Hope you get a refund. My understanding is that PayPal doesn't automatically back all payments made through them. eBay purchases are protected, but not necessarily purchases from other sites.

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
If anyone is interested, I did receive a Email back and they said,"oh, it happens" but that they would refund. I have yet to see refund post but I think its coming

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
It seems many states are only recently becoming aware of how invasive species are so problematic, and though you or I would never allow our plants or animals to escape, there are those individuals who are not careful and ruin it for others. My former state has a list as long as my arm, and although winter cold kills many, they are still prohibited. I would imagine a state like Hawaii would be even more cautious.
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Invasives/s...quatic&filterVal=Y&catVal=PlantsReg#RegSelect
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Invasives/s...uatic&filterVal=Y&catVal=AnimalsReg#RegSelect

Reactions: Frank Castle

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Maine goes beyond strict,it goes into plain stupid,such as banning Burmese pythons,in a state where it gets ridiculously cold.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Your not going to get any arguments from me about that. I have had to deal with it in the past.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I'm all for putting the environment first. I feel kind of lucky, in my region our freshwater ecosystems are barely functioning and at most lower elevation streams you'll nearly see 100% introduced livebearers and tilapia. These were introduced many years ago for mosquito and aquatic plant control by the state and sugarcane industry. Its only in remote higher elevation streams you'll some native species remaining, it is in these areas were accidental releases aren't very likely to happen. So, our state isn't as restrictive as you would think in regard to aquaculture. Their thinking is even if these were released they would only be displacing other introduced species. Not to mention in the town I live we have no water, at one time there were a few small streams that flowed all the way the ocean but they have been diverted for agricultural uses many years ago.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
I'm all for putting the environment first. I feel kind of lucky, in my region our freshwater ecosystems are barely functioning and at most lower elevation streams you'll nearly see 100% introduced livebearers and tilapia. These were introduced many years ago for mosquito and aquatic plant control by the state and sugarcane industry. Its only in remote higher elevation streams you'll some native species remaining, it is in these areas were accidental releases aren't very likely to happen. So, our state isn't as restrictive as you would think in regard to aquaculture. Their thinking is even if these were released they would only be displacing other introduced species. Not to mention in the town I live we have no water, at one time there were a few small streams that flowed all the way the ocean but they have been diverted for agricultural uses many years ago.
I agree, I'm all for environment, and I get that some people are less than responsible. But I do find Maine is a bit over the top.

Kentuknown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2016
Interesting. I don't think they do it out of country but I know people here in Oregon get illegal stuff shipped to them all,the time and no one ever catches it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store