Tigrinus needs help fast

Comanswoodwork

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
Pa
Im attaching a few pics of my 12 inch tigrinus cat. 2 days ago its seemed to be suddenly dying with several open wounds near its fins and its mouth looks beat up. It was floating sideways and couldnt stay upright at all. I did an immediate water change and added some aquarium salt and propped the fish upright on the bottom between some media bags. The next morning it was back to normal as far as its swimming but it had bloody looking fins and they are shredded. I added a dose of polyguard to the tank and left it be for the day to see how it responded. This morning all the wounds o its body are covered in thick fuzz, (assuming fungus) and the fins look worse. The ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and were before the water change. ph is always just above 6 because thats how my tap water is but all my fish have always seemed fine with that. Also with regards to the tap water, it is actually natural spring water. No chemicals or treatments added from spring to tank. Tank mates were a 7 inch giraffe nosed cat and a 16 inch gar. The giraffe nosed cat was relocated yesterday because we caught it chasing the tig around. The gar stays up top and pays little attention to the tig. I have polyguard, kanaplex, and metroplex. Any suggestions? It looks bad right now. Clearly breathing hard and distressed.

Comanswoodwork

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
Pa
temp is at 82 right now. there is a lot of aeration already. just not the dead stone in the pic lol.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks fungus. API fungus cure will help and salt. Qt it if able. What was ur nitrate?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That 2cents is worth a lot more. Forgot about columnaris.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store