Pitbulls attack mother, kills child(4 years old)

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
hello; You hit right on one of the things I needed to know. So this is likely not a good idea at a kennel, shelter or place where dog might be tense.

How do you arrange to get rid of a dog which fails the test? Can purchased dogs from stores or shelters be turned back in? Or what to do?
that I don't know, I usually get them from private owners with the knowledge that IF the dog bites, its coming back. I'd wager a shelter would probably take an animal back if it was causing issues in your home within a certain amount of time, but it would be on you to ask each place.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Families' fault for not properly vetting the dog and gauging temperament beforehand. You HAVE to put all new dogs through the annoyance tests...lay on them, gently tug on an ear...push them around...a dog will show its true colors almost immediately. Every dog I've ever owned had this done, hence why I don't own a female pitbull right now that an Ex brought home.
i think the bigger problem is that you live with an ex, not the dog

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
i think the bigger problem is that you live with an ex, not the dog
I don't. she got booted shortly after the dog, I'm saying had the dog not been a complete psychopath, I'd have kept it.

EDIT also, you ever sell your drawings to that shady dude on the internet?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I don't. she got booted shortly after the dog, I'm saying had the dog not been a complete psychopath, I'd have kept it.

EDIT also, you ever sell your drawings to that shady dude on the internet?

i figured, but was messing with you

and i have logged in a few times but didn't see a reply from the dude since my last message to him. the last message to him was sent before i made my thread here. i think he probably gave up on it. i still feel like i should say something to him though. i felt a little rushed by him in his last couple of replies. he was like, if you are serious let's talk on the phone tonight or skype. in my mind i was like, dude, pump the brakes. we don't need to talk TODAY. but yea, i haven't seen him but i haven't logged on much over there either.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
i figured, but was messing with you

and i have logged in a few times but didn't see a reply from the dude since my last message to him. the last message to him was sent before i made my thread here. i think he probably gave up on it. i still feel like i should say something to him though. i felt a little rushed by him in his last couple of replies. he was like, if you are serious let's talk on the phone tonight or skype. in my mind i was like, dude, pump the brakes. we don't need to talk TODAY. but yea, i haven't seen him but i haven't logged on much over there either.
ya he probably just wanted to meet you and turn your genitals into wind chimes, he probably doesn't even read let alone publish.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
My dogs would NEVER lay a tooth on me.

Almost never...
those dogs are so awesome. I love wolves and wolf-dogs.

It's funny you posted that pic, cuz before I had to put him down a month and a half ago, my 90lb Pitbull was trained so well that even when he got mad and started snarling and flipping his lid, all I had to do was put my forearm in his mouth and he would IMMEDIATELY stop and he NEVER EVER bit down on me, at least not on purpose - but lemme tall ya, when it came to treats, I learned really fast to either toss it to him or drop it or give it to him in an open palm like a Horse, cuz he had one HELL of an "over-bite" when it came to food. I miss my son so much. 12 years we were inseparable - he was the sweetest, gentlest dog and never hurt anything, but he still ended up dying in excruciating pain. Not all Pitbulls are monsters, Dude. trust me, EVERYONE loved this dog so much, and I mean he had a fan-club in the HUNDREDS of people :( I wanted to have a REAL service for him when he left us, like the kkind you have for PEOPLE.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store