The Official Rio Doce Kelberi Grow Out Thread!!!

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va

bigpac

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
phx, az
How are yours looking boosted? I can't get a pic yet they like me but as soon as I whip out my phone poof gone lol and no one wants to see blurry pics lol

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
How are yours looking boosted? I can't get a pic yet they like me but as soon as I whip out my phone poof gone lol and no one wants to see blurry pics lol
Mine are doing great. I have been stuffing themselves with cichla gold and they have easily doubled in size. Mine arent spooky but they never sit still. Some are starting to get a bit aggressive and they are establishing their hierarchy.

Reactions: bigpac

bigpac

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
phx, az
Mine are doing great. I have been stuffing themselves with cichla gold and they have easily doubled in size. Mine arent spooky but they never sit still. Some are starting to get a bit aggressive and they are establishing their hierarchy.

Yeah that's how mine are now also but I've been doing blooworms, brine shrimp and pellets, they come to the glass when I'm looking at them but for what ever reason I break my phone out they scatter lol that's why I had to shoot the first ones threw holes in the algae on the glass. I left that on there cuz I feel it helps them chill out when they don't have direct eye line with us when just shipped in

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Yeah that's how mine are now also but I've been doing blooworms, brine shrimp and pellets, they come to the glass when I'm looking at them but for what ever reason I break my phone out they scatter lol that's why I had to shoot the first ones threw holes in the algae on the glass. I left that on there cuz I feel it helps them chill out when they don't have direct eye line with us when just shipped in
Screw that. Scrape the algae so they start getting used to people. It might be rough watching them shoot around for now but it will make them really bold cichla in the long run.

bigpac

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
phx, az
Screw that. Scrape the algae so they start getting used to people. It might be rough watching them shoot around for now but it will make them really bold cichla in the long run.

Lol that's in the next waterchange I'll do that but I'm really debating on pulling them out of the 40 gall grow out to a 65 tall tank or an 80 frag tank that's what I'm torn between rt now the frag tank not set up for salt has a nice big footprint but isn't as tall for up and down swimming but it's a 14" deep so that would be plenty for now till the next grow out tank is available which is a 200 or a 300 I still need to see what's going to go into the 300 but more than likely that will be a bass only tank with some dithers

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Lol that's in the next waterchange I'll do that but I'm really debating on pulling them out of the 40 gall grow out to a 65 tall tank or an 80 frag tank that's what I'm torn between rt now the frag tank not set up for salt has a nice big footprint but isn't as tall for up and down swimming but it's a 14" deep so that would be plenty for now till the next grow out tank is available which is a 200 or a 300 I still need to see what's going to go into the 300 but more than likely that will be a bass only tank with some dithers
I'd say the bigger tank is better. Is the drag tank a deep blue? 4x2x14". That's a nice tank.

My doces are starting to get aggressive. What about yours?

Reactions: Dee eng

bigpac

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
phx, az
I'd say the bigger tank is better. Is the drag tank a deep blue? 4x2x14". That's a nice tank.

My doces are starting to get aggressive. What about yours?

Lol yeah they deff are getting more aggressive they seem to push the orino around but mine are getting some nice markings already need to get pics of them to update but the frag tank is close to the deep blue dims, mine is 5 x 18 x 14

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store