New vampire Tetra banged it's head

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
After The last head hit It just stayed in the corner breathing fast.

Will it be ok? Or did I have a major F up? I should have just grabbed the net to stop it from going nuts but then I thought that would have made it worse.

I suggest cover the top so it can calm down. Do you have a airstone and air pump?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
+1. Dim lights and just watch it’s response.
Yep I didn't turn on the tank lights this afternoon or evening. Although my naughty five-year-old and 7-year-old I don't trust them I hope they didn't go into the room when I left for baseball practice 😂. I'll see how it's doing tomorrow morning.

Reactions: tlindsey

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Not sure what happened to it's mouth. Maybe it was from when he banged himself in the cooler?

Tank mates are
12-in Florida gar
12-in silver arowana
Five to six inch red tail barracuda
20-in fire eel
6" ornate bichir (wouldn't be surprised if this guy took a bite out of its face because he's bullying whoever he can)
7" Delhzi bichir
8" Black Ghost Knife Fish

1000030211.jpg

1000030215.jpg

• Love
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks it scraped its lip off from hitting the cooler. Make sure it’s eating and not too stressed. Not sure it’ll grow back. Monitor for any opportunist to infection, like fungus especially.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Looks it scraped its lip off from hitting the cooler. Make sure it’s eating and not too stressed. Not sure it’ll grow back. Monitor for any opportunist to infection, like fungus especially.
Will do... I just noticed the red tail barracuda bothering the vampire. I'm going to add food to the tank in a bit but I doubt the vampire will eat anything.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Will do... I just noticed the red tail barracuda bothering the vampire. I'm going to add food to the tank in a bit but I doubt the vampire will eat anything.
Maybe not. It may have been fed feeders. Had a red tail a mind took a while to get onto prepared foods.

Reactions: Irecruitfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store