Strawberry

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Just got five of these Leporinus - not sure if they are - Granti or Sp Strawberry, about one and a half inches long. Currently in with the small loach partition.

Hopefully I can grow them out and transfer them to a larger tank.

Anyone had any experience with them? Do they get big quickly?

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Nice fish - I haven’t had these guys but if they’re anything like fasciatus I’d expect about an inch per month - maybe a bit slower since they max out smaller.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I’ve heard that these are pretty peaceful and not nippy, unlike most of the other leporinus - has that been your experience?
Yes, pretty much. And that is one of the reasons I got them.

I would not keep them with anything too small though. They can, and do munch their way though whole ghost shrimp occasionally, so I sure they could do the same with a small fish.

Reactions: RD. and Deadeye

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I have had them best part of a year now, and they are not really growing any more. They look good, work in a community, but they are not so big and impressive.

Maybe it takes a few years to get to size, or is that all I get? Definitely nothing as extreme as Fasciatus. I have got three of them in a different tank, and they have tripled in size in just three months.

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I know the fasciatus slow down at about 6-8 inches, maybe these guys do the same at what is proportionally the same size.

Reactions: RD. and Midwater
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store