Got My New Tank!

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
I’m not good at sexing JDs, but if you were to darken up the sand , maybe atdd some black sand, your JD would darken up and look much better
Uuuuuugh I know, I know and completely agree for all of my fish. I had a few pages about this in my other thread.

The problem is I LOVE the PFS and how heavy it is so it never stirs up.

What can I buy in black that is just as good? I could mix them, I just hope I like it lol!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Uuuuuugh I know, I know and completely agree for all of my fish. I had a few pages about this in my other thread.

What can I buy in black that is just as good? I could mix them, I just hope I like it lol!
I use pfs in my tank - I mix it with some darker gravel and use darker decor to bring out the colors in my jd.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019

I would just add around 10-20% black sand and mix it in for a peppered look and that would probably be enough to darken things up

Americancichlidsaredabest

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
What’s a really nice black sand I could mix in? I love the sand instead of gravel due to the waste just sitting on top and not falling down into the gravel. Easy to clean and keep clean….
I personally like the black diamond blasting sand from tractor supply co. Looks good and is pretty cheap as well. 12$ for 50 lbs.

Reactions: Joshuakahan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store