need help, mosquito invasion in sump

2songbirds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
PA
What rids the tank of mosquito larvae? My fish are suffering, and water changes arent cutting it. I have a uv sterilizer, but there's different stages of the larvae. 265g with 30g sump. mY Ppleco is covered with white bump like...eggs....and larvae are white, traslecent (sp?) in sump, smaller in tank, almost looks like white dirt in big tank

what medicine? I hate medicating, but have to

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
ya had me stumped for a lil bit there but i found some then that will get ris of your mosquito problem. microbe lift BMC there are many out there if you want to look at some epother options the site is. www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com look through the pond section. and this shuld aid you in your decision.

2songbirds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
PA
thanks, for some reason, never thought about looking at the pond section. we cleaned out the corner overflows real good, sump floss cleaned out. There was an old disgusting cuke leftover that was actually moldy hiding. Too many problems going on. But, after another massive water change, still looks like fine white dirt in the tank, and still a few larvae, but haven't seen any alive. Hopefully that's where the uv sterilizer comes into play. And, hopefully the gook in the corner overflow was the breeding ground that we destroyed. I did kill two squitos swimming around the sump last night so maybe those were the culprit. Still, have several dots on my algae eater, in front of his mouth and all around. I have to research more on that.

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
i think you ment cuke when you said that racial remark in the above post....

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Why dont you add mosquito fish to your sump and tank???

2songbirds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
PA
HPIZZLE;4042451; said:
i think you ment cuke when you said that racial remark in the above post....
sorry, was not aware that could be a racial remark/word, was by no means meant, not ment as one??? and, should be understood as this is a fish forum......

anyways, I had a goldfish in the tank already that was meant as a sacrafice for my catfish who's not eating, at least not nearly as much. Didn't notice really anything. THought about the sump, but i'd be afraid of the fish getting stuck in the pumps, or whatever. We are thinking about sealing up the pump so no mosquitos get in, but...

so frustrating. I guess I'll just keep doing massive water changes and keep the overflows cleaned the best I can't.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store