Vicenza 260 65 gallons bow front- cracked frame question/fix

Locke_333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2008
Vercheres
Hi, i have a Vicenza 260 as in the title that i bought used and i just now realized that the top frame is cracked in the back of the aquarium. i've attached a picture of the part below. the frame on this tank is like an inverted U shape and the glass slide in at about 50% of the height ans there's a silicone seal there. The crack is right on that spot but it seems to be from someone trying to lift the tank holding it there since the plactic is a bit lift up there and both edge of the crack tend to go downwards. if it was a crack from stress on the brace, i would expect a different type of crack ( more strait and neat, at least i think ). Any opinion?

I've contacted hagen and there is no replacement frame for this tank. i've tried contacting the guy but what do you guess, no response so...

A) does this affect the integrity of the tank?
B) if i silicone a plexiglass on top of the problematic area, would that moslty stop the problem?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/Locke_333/Aquarium/IMG_20120324_204615.jpg

Thanks!!

snot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2009
colorado
Can't see the crack in that picture. But if its just the frame super glue it back together.I did that on a 125 and its held up for the last three years.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store