Bahia Kelberi + 2 Spot Orino Grow Out ..

dangerhack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2011
NJ
Ok All Finally got my Pbass the other night from Aquascape. I bought 3 Bahia Kelberi, and 2 two Spot Orinos like Monsterpeacock got that look like they might be hybrids or kelberi or somthing. I got some pics but they are not great as my camera was scaring them hopefully will have some more updates soon as they grow alittle.
The past weekend i was able to feed them frozen bloodworm an brime shrimp morning an night. My question is my timer on my lights come on at 8am an go off an 8pm.. this weekend i was off so i waited for lights to come on to feed... now when i go back to work i leave early before lights come on... is it ok to feed them in the dark before work? because they are still so young 2-3" dont know if they wil lhave hard time because they are still shy an takes a min to go after the food.??
first 2 pics are the kelberi..
Kelberi - 3-09-12 (2).JPGKelberi - 3-09-12.JPG

next 2 pics are of the 2 pot orino ... they look diff its hard to tell in pic.. but they have yellow dots on top of body an top fin an tail.
2 Spot - 3-09-12 (2).JPG2 Spot - 3-09-12.JPG

Kelberi - 3-09-12 (2).JPG

Kelberi - 3-09-12.JPG

2 Spot - 3-09-12 (2).JPG

2 Spot - 3-09-12.JPG

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
YOu can feed them w/ the lights off. You can also change your timer so it comes on before you go to work. But they should be able to smell their food.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Keep with the frozen blood/brine. When you feed do a little at a time. Mix the two together...feed em at the same time. Feed a little at a time so it doesnt hit the bottom. Use a spoon and drop in a bit at a time. Same spot each time. Once they are used to this and you feeding them start adding some crushed up pellets into the mix. A little at a time. Let the pellets soak in the thawed mix for a minute. Another reason feeding a little at a time is so you can monitor their feeding. YOu can see if they are eating the pellets or not. Crush them up good...almost powdery. Soak em :) This will allow your bass to aquire the taste for pellets over a period of time. Up the amount of pellets you crush into the mix gradually. Eventually they will be eatn just pellets. NO live neccesary.

oscarfishguy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
USA
Keep with the frozen blood/brine. When you feed do a little at a time. Mix the two together...feed em at the same time. Feed a little at a time so it doesnt hit the bottom. Use a spoon and drop in a bit at a time. Same spot each time. Once they are used to this and you feeding them start adding some crushed up pellets into the mix. A little at a time. Let the pellets soak in the thawed mix for a minute. Another reason feeding a little at a time is so you can monitor their feeding. YOu can see if they are eating the pellets or not. Crush them up good...almost powdery. Soak em :) This will allow your bass to aquire the taste for pellets over a period of time. Up the amount of pellets you crush into the mix gradually. Eventually they will be eatn just pellets. NO live neccesary.

It takes time and patience, but gangster's method works great.

Awesome fish DH!

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
i agree 100% with gangster..just don't throw in pellets expecting them to hit them even though in some cases it can happen..when they are tiny life that feed them what they will eat

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store