Fully aquatic turtle for fish tank

Delhezi B

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Southeast pa
I was thinking are any small fully aquatic turtle's that I could put in my fish tank? its 265 gallons not quite big enough for a FRT. I know about musk turtles and stuff but i was looking for something a little more active.

any help would be appreciated

thanks - delhezi B

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
Not really. A 265 is too deep for most small turtles. Most turtles that would do well in a 265 would kill your fish.

AFRO-thunder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Austria
www.unet.univie.ac.at
First of all: There is no fully aquatic turtle. Every turtle species needs to have a dry area to lay eggs or to dry off at least once in a while.

Second: Musk turtles will do well in a 265g tank if they are accustomed to the depth and if you provide rocks, logs or something elso to climb to the surface. I have seen stinkpots in Florida springs in 3m depth, no problem for them.

Third: Maybe you want to google for pink belly sidenecks (Emydura subglobosa). They are good swimmers, have a friendly character and look stunning. But don't forget on the land/egg laying area!

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Reactions: OkBOI

Delhezi B

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Southeast pa
Hmmm this is not looking so good. First off there will be no land area Period Its mainly a fish tank... and woudlent be centered on a turtle. I might have to look into this more. thanks guys!

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
i dont see any turtle species that would work with your tank and situation. unless you dont care about the fish then a smooth softshell or asian softshell would be more than perfect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store