Burundi Frontosa with split stripe?

crashinc25

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Yucaipa, CA
gazella;1698930; said:
well some times... and really love to see the hunting & the excitment of my fish..like all of us..:naughty:
but i wouldnt have enought courage to feed front fry..:(
Eh, a feeder is a feeder. Now if only my convicts would start breeding:headbang2

Robertshadow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
canada
I have a big one just like that, I thought maybe he was a seven stripe. I would recomend keeping it but not breeding it. I always get attached to the weird odd-ball fish or as some people would call them "flawed".

Robertshadow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
canada
addicted2cichlids;1699425; said:
i just ended up rehoming the front on craigslist. quite surprised i rehomed the front that quick. let it go for $10 and explained the split/extra stripe. the guy didnt mind. so its all good!
That's pretty cheap

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
So maybe this is an example? I ve had this front for awhile and he is one of my fav's b/c of his personality. He is like that on both sides. The only thing I dont like his he's got that funny stripe thing going on at the tail where on one sdie the stripe grew in with the other one. -_- I ve had him from an inch though so I like him.

S5003941.JPG

S5000093.JPG

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
The bottom pic is a good example of mooning and bad stripes. The top pick is a good example of a extra stripe. It looks like it was gonna have seven stipes on both sides and couldnt quite pull it off. Might have been burundi and 7 stripe crossed. Not all the fish with the extra stripes look like this one, i have seen some pics of beautiful fish with nice stripes and no mooning that have a extra stripe on one side . The crossed fish often looked like this one. with a combinataion of bad stripes and mooning. like its genetic code is confused . Thanks for the pics, very educational for people who have not seen it before. I like odd ball fish too. I have a burundi juvie i bought recently that was jet black, all over. I could not even see stripes. Im kind of disappointed he has lightened up and has stripes now LOL. He is still much darker than normal on all his fins, but is not all black 24/7 like he was when i bought him, now he is normal looking just very dark compared to my other burundi. His blue is a darker shade though so i wlll keep him and see how he turns out as he grows. He will occationally turn jet black but more out of mood now.

addicted2cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Tanganyika Coastline
i should of took a pic of it but it did look like the top pic. if you looked at it from the top it looked like the letter "Y" and thats how it was attached. right now the five are a dim blue color with some split fins and really sketchy. they were housed with a severum so more than likely they were his punching bag.
most of them just hide behind the rocks. do yall think theyll stay traumatized and hide all the time cause in time theyre gonna go in a 200 once its situated (cycled).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store