This deserves another journal...My 190g Wild Discus build!

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
jcardona1;5032669; said:
Thanks! Lucky I have an endless local supply of manzanita :)
You should buy a pressure washer and go into business.

Or don't, but just send some to me :)

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
busterbrown;5032968; said:
yeah sell that rimless and stock that tank to the max. im gonna look into those aqua terra backgrounds
Gone, and new fish just arrived. Pics in a few minutes :) Whatever happened to the pics of your new guys?!?!

yogurt_21;5033599; said:
looking great, looks like you created a pretty maintenance free setup. Which for discus really is a feat.
Thanks! It really is nice to do daily water changes by just sitting on the couch and watching :D

GhostShrimpMan;5034406; said:
Those switches are legit!
Thanks! I got so tired of unplugging and plugging equipment during water changes. No more of that!

The Amazonian;5038982; said:
One of the best Ive seen!!!!
Thank you!

spirofucci;5040193; said:
Wow! I hope you're very proud of yourself, what a great job! Not only was this an incredible DIY job with a great build thread, but the tank and fish are beautiful.

mark
Thanks Mark, appreciate the kind words :)

bluetuna;5058419; said:
awesome tank very nice!
Thx!

ejm2002;5058478; said:
NICE TANK.
Thx!

studd muffin;5061875; said:
Thx!

DaveB;5062133; said:
You should buy a pressure washer and go into business.

Or don't, but just send some to me :)
Ha! I actually tried to sell a few pieces just to test the waters. Not enough interest and too much of a hassle boxing those pieces up to consider doing it for money. Maybe if somebody wanted one large order. But selling piece by piece is such a PIA!

EntoCraig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2011
Utah, USA
Incredibly well built! I liked the detailed pics of the entire system from start to finish. The tank turned out excellent. Might be using this thread as a reference in the future.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Very stoked! Just received my new group of wilds about an hour ago. I purchased three large Alenquer semi-royal Blues from John/Snookn. These guys are beautiful! John had them labeled as blues but he said lately they've been looking very red. Who knows, but they do look very nice. Here's some pics in their QT tank which will be home for the next 4-6 weeks. I'll be watching them closely to see if I need to give them a de-worming.

On to some terrible quality photos

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
quarantine is such a good thing to with fish especially wild, but so hard to have a sweet tank like yours and not put them in for a month!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
EntoCraig;5062273; said:
Incredibly well built! I liked the detailed pics of the entire system from start to finish. The tank turned out excellent. Might be using this thread as a reference in the future.
Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

epond83;5062292; said:
quarantine is such a good thing to with fish especially wild, but so hard to have a sweet tank like yours and not put them in for a month!
Man you have no idea! I'm really hating having to watch them in that ugly tank. And it's only been the first day! :nilly:

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Great project. Completed Stamped.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store