This deserves another journal...My 190g Wild Discus build!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Alenquers are in the 190g! They were in QT for just shy of 4 weeks. They were doing great, so I decided it was time to toss them in. They're settling in nicely and have started exploring the tank as a group. They ate the same day too :)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
They look great Jose! Love the scape....these tanks are growing on me. Even got me thinking of reducing my stock and scaping my tank :)

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
gangster;5132798;5132798 said:
They look great Jose! Love the scape....these tanks are growing on me. Even got me thinking of reducing my stock and scaping my tank :)
Thanks Morgan! Man seriously? Never thought I'd hear you say that! What you thinking of getting rid of? To be honest, you'll enjoy the tank more that way; more decor, less fish. They seem to behave differently too. It's really cool to watch the discus swim through the driftwood as opposed to having them in a bare empty tank.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
aclockworkorange;5133101;5133101 said:
Jeff Rapps and Dan Ye Jennings both have altums, FYI.
Rapps has the tank-bred ones, which look hideous! They look nothing like the real Altums. Never dealt with Dan, is his website americancichlids.net? I see he has WC medium Peru Altums for $20 :popcorn:

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Steveo McNello;5133368;5133368 said:
No doubt one of the most b!itchin tanks on MFK.
:headbang2 thx

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
jcardona1;5133317; said:
Rapps has the tank-bred ones, which look hideous! They look nothing like the real Altums. Never dealt with Dan, is his website americancichlids.net? I see he has WC medium Peru Altums for $20 :popcorn:
I would assume if the parents were wild caught altums and they bred, the offspring would be nice. I would prefer a nice F1 over wild caught in some circumstances, especially with more sensitive species. I have no idea what exactly Jeff Rapp's altums are though.

I believe Dan Ye Jennings is actually a she? At least it's a husband and wife team. They are very involved in the hobby and the ACA and are mostly supplied through Don Conkel (who I'm sure you're aware people have mixed opinions about?). They're based in colorado. Dan is a member here on MFK and regularly posts some of the really rare stuff they have. I've never heard any complaints.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store