Mixxing dats

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I have never owned any kind of dats except silvers....So I recently aquired some new dats....2 Indos (about 6in)and a thinbar(about 7in). They've been in my tank about 3 weeks. They eat very seldom. A little piece of shrimp here and there. I also have 2 silver dats (6in) in there. They appear very tank dominant. Always eat rediculous amounts of food.

My question is has anyone had any luck mixxing silvers with other dats? The silvers are always out cruisin and the others just hide. The others are also all unstable.

Other tankmates are a 6in SA RTC and 4 Motoros.

Do I need to move the silvers or do I just give it time?

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
mine is the opposite, i have 2 ST's an IT and and a silver and my silver always hides.
give it time or you may have to change something like adding more tigers which is not a bad thing.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
i think the silvers have just been in the tank longer, the other dats are just feeling out the situation for now. They will get more brazen, just you wait and see.

What else do you feed besides shrimp?? bloodworms, prawn, worms or anything else?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Nightcrawlers, occasional feeders, scallops....mostly shrimp.

I figured after 3 weeks they would be less than shy....but nope. Constantly hiding.

More tigers is NOT easy given my crappy location.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Do you have decor in the tank? Ive noticed people with decor usually have less brazen dats... pple withno decor have the dats that swim all around... mine def do not swim all around unless they are hungry.

And if u do have decor, move everything around and maybe your old dats will get confused and then all the dats will be on an even page.

marvinbaker

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2006
canterbury
my silver is my most shy fish (it has 4 thinbars, a ngt and 7 indo's with it) until i introduce something new and then it always gives them a going over. i would take the silvers out, move the decor around, then put the silvers back in and you should see a difference

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
marvinbaker;1236191; said:
my silver is my most shy fish (it has 4 thinbars, a ngt and 7 indo's with it) until i introduce something new and then it always gives them a going over. i would take the silvers out, move the decor around, then put the silvers back in and you should see a difference
agreed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store