yellow bullheads!

kydsexy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2007
connecticut
hi everybody, this is one of my first posts. I'm loving what I'm reading here!

so i have 2-1 year old yellow bullheads who only grow up to a foot i believe, ii haven't seen any here but would like to inform you guys that these 7" beasts are savages! i feed my guys every 2 weeks or so because they are able to go through 72-3/4" comets, a dozen meal worms, a few Jack Dempsey fry, and the occasional child in under a month. they have to be the greediest things I've ever seen and they bully my 30" channel cat, it really is cute. lol.

just thought id see if anyone else has any yellow bullheads!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
be carefull my black bullhead killed one of my channels, and they have the potential to make it to 18". 14" is probably more of where they would end up with proper care. I've caught many that size. I've kept a yellow before and it love to have a nice hiding spot.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
oh he killed it by tearing it's fins off the channel was larger than the bullhead.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
ok and also just one last note be carefull of housing 7" fish with a 30" channel they are not little angels themselves. They will eat any smaller fish, even if you had other channels that size they will more than likely end up as lunch sooner or later. Plus you can't say you have a 30" fish on here and not post pics!!!!! Trust me I know lol.

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com
necrocanis;1250575; said:
ok and also just one last note be carefull of housing 7" fish with a 30" channel they are not little angels themselves. They will eat any smaller fish, even if you had other channels that size they will more than likely end up as lunch sooner or later. Plus you can't say you have a 30" fish on here and not post pics!!!!! Trust me I know lol.
Yeah! Pics!

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Never kept yellow bullhead, only browns. Quite similer. I do suggest feeding them more often then every two weeks though, thats a long time IMO. Pellets would also make for a much better diet then feeder goldfish.

soggysandwich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
sandtiger;1251644; said:
Never kept yellow bullhead, only browns. Quite similer. I do suggest feeding them more often then every two weeks though, thats a long time IMO. Pellets would also make for a much better diet then feeder goldfish.
:iagree:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store