erythrinus erythrinus

Remon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
Netherlands
Hiya Guys,

I recently obtained a erythrinus erythrinus. It's doing great so far, beautiful fish! I keep it in a 120cm tank on it's own at the moment. I was wondering about your experiences with agression: are they compatible with other fish or not? How about multiple ery's together?

Pic:

ironmunki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
maryland
I had two of these fishes but one died about three weeks ago. I never experienced much aggression with them besides towards their food. The one who died was about 5.5" and the the one I still have is about 6-6.5 and fat. He is in with a 6" bichir, 4 inch black redtailed shark and a 6.5" peacock eel. The bichir actually punks him for food sometimes. Last night the wolf was trying to eat some beef heart, which the bichir loves, and the bichir simply wasn't having it. I'm watching to see if the wolf will turn aggro towards any of his tankmates but this far he hasn't. I keep him well fed on beef hearts and rosy reds and he just lays around on the bottom in "his spot" behind some plants most of the day. I was hoping for a bit more activity out of him but so far he is behaving like I've heard the common wolves do, minus the aggression.

Remon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
Netherlands
thanks! All I heard here are stories about their agression, but they seem to be doing rather well in company of others then (at least in your situation). Do you have any idea of sexing them and reproductive behaviour?

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
I am soooo jealous. Congrats!

ironmunki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
maryland
Remon;1276402; said:
thanks! All I heard here are stories about their agression, but they seem to be doing rather well in company of others then (at least in your situation). Do you have any idea of sexing them and reproductive behaviour?
no idea on the sexing. i'm still keeping a watchful eye on the wolf any aggression and i'll have to separate him. how active is your wolf?

Remon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
Netherlands
he or she is especially active when food is around, rest of the time just laying around or doing some cruising. Pretty similar to yours i guess!

ironmunki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
maryland
Remon;1276618; said:
he or she is especially active when food is around, rest of the time just laying around or doing some cruising. Pretty similar to yours i guess!
mine used to cruise every now and then but now not so much. perhaps he's gotten too fat. another thing he does is dart to his hiding spot whenever someone comes near the tank. wish he would do that either. oh well, hopefully he'll grow out of it.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
mine became more and more hungry as he got bigger. then he started trying to grab tankmates. i lost both of mine to an unknown disease. they are known to stay less aggressive if u keep them off live foods.

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
can i have it. ill give you a crayfish. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store