Found Driftwood I forgot I had put in my pond!

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
I have had my tank fairly bare for quite awhile now,at times settling temporarily for the fake wood and stumps at my lfs.

I had wanted some driftwood but loath the tannins,so wound up never getting any...esp. since I do not run carbon.

Then recently I have seen a few people posting links to this ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/RockArtSource_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They have such nice pieces of Malaysian driftwood there I couldn't resist,some of them are already mounted to slate to keep them down,others are instant sinking.

When my driftwood arrived I went to go put it in the pond for awhile to hopefully let it leach most,if not all,of the tannins it had to leach.

I was trying to anchor it down in the roots of the plants and I felt some driftwood down there,mostly buried in the mud and roots.

I pulled it out and it is wood that I now vaguely remember placing there more than two years ago,in summer of 2005.

Hopefully they have leached all their tannins.I scrubbed them with a scrub brush and they do sink except for one was sticking out of the water a bit so I had to put a few rocks on that side.

I also went and got alot of carbon,although I realize now that it is the kind with zeolite in it but oh well it should take care of any remaining tannins no?

there is a pic Ive posted before of how my tank looked and then some with my new driftwood and aquascaping.

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 047.jpg

Picture 048.jpg

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
damn tank dosnt look like 3' wide but cant tell from pics. either way thats an amazing tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store