What is the growth rate for RedBelly PACU ???

uncleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Out There
First off... I want to commend every member for this wonderful website. You are by far the best there is in fish-keepers. Bravo !!!

.....................................................................................
I just purchased a 3" Red Belly PACU at our local Petsmart,
for $ 5.99 .

I have read online that they can someday reach 3 feet or more in their lifetime.

No site has shown the weekly / growth rate for a Red Belly Pacu.

Is there any member, that can post a picture diary of their PACU as they grew to the monsterous size of adult ?

A weekly measurement chart will also be helpful, to this
1st time PACU owner.:)

I have searched THIS site too for info, but cannot find the information needed.

Thank - you in advance for your helpful replies,

UNCLEMAN II

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
For that kind of info your going to have to find a research study possibly from a University.

Walmart puts anice little card on the front of their Pacu tank saying they grow to 10" :ROFL:, what they don't say is thats in the first 6 mo.s :headbang2.

I rescued mine a year ago @ 1.5" now one year later it's 17"! And I wasn't POWER feeding!

Have fun with your fish and buy a 125g in 8 mo.s.

PacuMom will tell you what to get after that...

Dr Joe

>:(

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Elsinore
I can't offer you anything scientific, but just to give you an idea, I went to the LFS about a month ago and they had five very small (about 2 inch) red belly pacu in one tank. I went back today to get three cory cats, and I saw three of those same pacu still in that tank. They were easily five inches long. So, it seems like those grew at a rate of three inches per month or about... 0.6 inches a week.

Either that or I just don't remember the size of the fish very well, but I've read that pacu get to be huge very quickly.

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
A year ago in a 55.(about 10 inches)
DSCF0026.JPG
Today in a 220.(about 22 inches)
IMG_0467_edited.JPG

green_fox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
canada
really fast!!

arkmann

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
I bought a 1.5" 8 months ago. Its now a 10" more or less.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Pacu grow incredibly fast. I bought 3 once and in less than 6moths they had easily outgrown my 55gal. They started out at less than 2". When I traded them in they were over 7". They are skittish and also very powerful swimmers not a good combo for a small tank. GL.

uncleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Out There
Thanks for the info.

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
Great Pacu! I hope you grow it to be a monster. By the way, you have the greatest avatar ever!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store