FS 250 gallon Acrylic setup $1200 OBO(Tank, Stand, sump,canopy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokay

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
For sale 250 Gallon Acrylic setup $1200
Includes: Tank, stand with canopy, 40 gal for wet/dry sump, 10 gal for refugium, and all plumbing.

Not included but contact for purchase: Pump for sump, small pump for refugium, UV sterilizer, Fluidized Bed filter, protein skimmer, heater, lighting.

Tank: 250 gallon Acrylic tank 8' Long X 2.5' Tall X 1.5' Wide.
Black backing (the acrylic is black, its not paint).
8 Bulkhead fittings (all threaded, no slip style): 4 on the top back- 2 large 1.5" used for drains and 2 smaller bulkheads in the top corners, one setup with a valve to drain into refugium sump and the other is setup with line hookup for a powerhead (or anything) to pump water to my fluidized bed filter and uv sterilizer (not included in sale, you can add your own or buy mine sepearte). The two large bulkheads and their fittings have been glued on but can easily be removed to upgraded to larger diameter drains if needed.

4 Bulkhead fittings on the bottom: 3 1" bulkheads evenly spread out along the bottom middle of the tank. 2 are on valves that can be closed or opened (i closed them) and the middle bulkhead is use for the return line. There is also one small bulkhead in the left corner that is plugged (I had to create proper spacing on the stand for this bulkhead because it is in the very corner.)

It has 4 rectangular openings at the top (you can see size in picture bellow) and 2 small rectangular openings for anything to hang on (perfect for my hang on UV sterilizer and hang on fluidized bed filter).

Condition: Tank is in good condition, no leaks or cracks, does have scratches on the inside of the tank but just like most acrylic’s they go away when filled with water (no serious deeps scratches), and is very light (2 people to carry).
I bought it about 1 year ago planning to complete and use. I realized it wasn't wide enough once I started keeping a large gar along with my silver aro and catfish. I used it two times for a total of about 4 months. Those times I had it on a temp stand while I was remolding my house and moving fish, it was filled to the top for about 3 months. It has Square corners (not rounded) but you can't see them if the you have the corner trim on. It also has a few small circle holes at the top for airline and two large holes for anything else.

Filtration: I used a 40 gallon glass tank as the wet/dry sump. I used egg crate and pvc to section off the area for the bio balls. I used egg crate and pvc instead of acrlic panels so it can be alter. If you wanted the tray to be higher or lower to hold more or less bioballs/media you could easily do so and also if you wanted to add a protein skimmer (I sized this sump to fit the protein skimmer I have) you can easily fit it in perfectly. Right now I am using a plastic tub as a splash tray, until the setup is complete so I can make a proper sized and sealed splash tray out of acrylic. Then a proper lid can be added. I use a platic canvas (like small egg crate) to make custom sized pockets to hold carbon (or whatever you like to use) in the filtration. I will have maybe 2 or 3 pockets which are between the flow of water coming from the bio balls to the pump. The top right bulkhead in the tank will drain down to the 10 gallon refugium where a small pump can pump the short distance to the 40 gallon next to it or have it return back to the tank if you prefer. There is a valve on the drain line so you can make it match the pump and you could also upgrade the line and sump if you wanted a higher flow rate refugrium setup.
The bulkheads and plumping are all complete except by the sump. They should be complete when tank is setup. I have all proper fittings: 1" check valve and 1" union fittings, so once you setup the sump you can hook up the pump anyway you want to. If you use a check valve you can have the water return on the very bottom of the tank so you don’t have a tall pipe in the middle of the tank and also you would be shorting the return height the pump has to fight. If you plan to upgrade the tank and have high flow rate, you could easily line in returns from the bottom three bulkheads. The two large back bulkheads have large right angle fittings on them which have caps that convert it down to 1" (which can be removed if you wanted to add larger piping to drain faster). I made it simple for the setup to be taken apart for transpiration, modification or repair. The drain for the ref is tubing that can be taken off and the 1" drains are connected in the middle with large tubing and clamps( I used the large tubing instead of unions so the flow rate of the drains wont be slowed down by the unions). I have all the fittings to plumb in a uv sterilizer, fluidized bed filter or anything you want to put there (or just cap it off). I setup this tank with a basic 4 stage filtration setup (wet/dry, refugium, UV sterilizer and fluidized filter bed) but it has great potential if anyone wanted to upgrade or make serious saltwater setup.

Stand: Made from 4x4's and 2X4's, 3" deck screws, and 2 coats of white primer.
The stand is very sturdy and strong. I believe it is capable of holding a lot more weight for a very long period of time. From the pictures you can see I used plenty of 2X4s for support and plenty of 3” screws to hold them in. I put on two coats of white primer (To help the wood last, for looks, and also if it was modified in the future) by hand not by spray. I added the original baseboard because it had proper cut outs for the bulkheads, was black, and supported the tank. I made the proper spacing in the very left corner of the stand for the small bulkhead in the corner of the tank to fit. It is plugged but there is space if anyone every wanted to use it.
The entire trimming of the stand is made from laminated wood (a red oak color, the kind used as wood flooring in a home) and glued on. It works out perfect for anyone who likes the stand the way it is or if they want to modify it in the future. Every panel can be easily removed if the design setup was to be change or if a panel was broken it can just be glued on. The trim was leftover from the flooring I installed in my house(if you wanted to change the color you could easily buy new wood flooring and copy my measurements then glue on), it looks great in the picture but the wood is not perfect. There are a few small scratchs, small warps, not perfect lining, and i dont want people to think its brand new wood from viewing the picture. The top trim is help on by a small wooden canopy that can be removed by one person. I kept it small but if anyone wanted to add large lights or anything about they might want to expand it. The trimming along the front and back corners of the tank are not screw, glued or permanent. They can be removed or made to stay as you prefer. I added small blocks of 2x4s around the tank so all the panels had plenty of wood surface to glue to.
I added a shelf for the 10 gallon to sit and you could actually fit a larger tank if you wanted to have a bigger ref. There is plenty of space for the 40 gallon with room above and around for plenty of piping, room for a larger tank if you wanted, space to plumb the ref to the wet/dry and if you wanted to use all the bottom bulkheads.
The doors are all made out of wood and stained with a few coats of ebony. I still have to cut out the view window for the ref door and cover the nails used to hold trimming on the doors still. As of the pictures the doors are just sitting in place. Personally I like the way the doors look without handles or locks, I was planning to have them slide in and lock in with a magnet or any other means. I’m going to finish doors and leave it up to the next owner how they wish to mount doors. Making all the door removable would give you excellent access to under the tank.
I barely had enough left over wood flooring to complete the entire stand, I have a few peaces left incase any panels are damage they can be replaced or take somewhere to match.
This is the 5th large fish tank stand I have built. I believe it is way stronger then what is need to hold a 250 gallon acrylic and will last pretty much forever. My next largest stand is one I made out of 4X4s (with way less support then this stand) for my 220 gallon glass tank. It has been running for about 3 years now, had the outside of it remolded once and recently was altered to fit a fridge under it. I used weak spray primer and no major support but it has lasted just fine this long and I believe will last forever. I believe in overbuilding stands. You can see my other setups in a thread if you search my user name.

$1200 or best offer. Contact if you are interested in pumps, Uv sterilizer, fluidized bed filter, protein skimmer or lighting. Could use the money before Christmas. I put a lot of money and huge amount of time/knowledge in building this setup. I’ve already got a 220, double 80s, and several smalls tanks I am trying to maintain or upgrade and now I’ve had to move this project. It needs to be sold instead of sitting around my house into the new year.

Located in southern CA, 91748 not far from rare fish.
Send a PM, Email: leichardti21@yahoo.com, AIM: fuzziballz21
Phone (serious people only please) 626 482 7612
Feel free to ask any questions
MFK for life! without mfk i couldn't accomplish this!

House 64

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2006
An island somewhere......
Bump for you...... No luck on Ebay huh? I saw it on there but never saw the final outcome.

Tokay

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
No love from ebay, had about 25 watches but no major bids. I guess its the wrong time of the year. I put it up there cheap the second time. If no one bids going to sell on mfk real cheap. Can't let it sit around forever. Two inquires on mfk so far, first resonable offer in my hand gets it

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store