this is a monster fishkeeper site. lets see those sw monsters

minizookeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
simi valley calif.
i have been out of the sw game for a long time and would like to see your big SW MONSTERS. i might be inspired enuf to start a sw monster tank. its hard to find monsters in the lfs.they only keep small monsters for sell.

King Edward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Its a pity as the marine fish are real monsters... You got any?

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
minizookeeper;1351341; said:
thats what i thought only freshwater guys are the true monsterfishkeepers.
Compare the difference of setting up say a 400g FW and SW. It costs 5 times more if you want the tank to actually look any good.

minizookeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
simi valley calif.
are we talking monster tank keepers? wow that could be a whole different website. no i dont have any salt monsters yet. just a peacock mantis shrimp, and lots of freshwater monsters. i see a lot of really pretty sw tanks but no monster sw fish. i know they are out there, just not as many as freshwater keepers. and if i was worried about the cost i wouldnt have 22 tanks set-up right now would i?

Daeorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
NY
Zookeeper, I think in general the amount of MFKers with huge SW tanks with monster fish obviously are much lesser than those with fresh - the basic reason being chrisdef said - most of the time a tank that huge - with fish that big take much more money than most people have.

Does that mean no one does it? Of course not, it just limits there numbers.

I'm sure here someone has a huge grouper or something - it would be a shame not to.

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
Don't have any yet, but when I build a block tank for my freshwater monsters, I want to turn my 220 into a salt puffer/eel tank.:naughty:

minizookeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
simi valley calif.
thats what im talking about.:) i could only be a true monster fishkeeper if i had a huge grouper,and a nice sized lemon shark in a 5000 gal indoor sw pond. or something like that! thats what i want too see ,or some of little future monsters:headbang2

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I used to keep triggers, morays and a variety of scorpionfish, including Reef stonefish. Too expensive to do the water changes compared to fresh!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store